Info needed on 17x11 rear

gobabygo

I am looking for information on putting a set of 17x11 rear wheels on my Gn . Would like to know the wheel back spacing , tire size I need , and mods needed to run them on my car. Thanks in advance.

I have 17x11 on mine.
315/35-17 tires. Had old Goodyear tires as a test run and have my M/T street radial's mounted and ready to install when I get the car back from Nick.
Frame notched and fenders rolled. Car is lowered about 1.5"
Drove home with the fenders not rolled and cut into the tires. Problem solved rolling them. great fit under the fender. I see some people fitting them on, but not under the fender.
They look massive under there...

What dish wheels do you have ? Back spacing I mean ? I am in the process of getting the wheels and kinda needing the back spacing to get the rear ordered. I got the front coming already. I don't mind doing the frame notch or fender roll. I just want to get the right wheel the first time. Lol. Thanks for your help.

Currently have have 17x11 corvette wheels with spacers/adaptors. This next week I will be measuring the exact backspacing and ordering Boze mesh 17x11 wheels.
I'll keep you posted.
I do have Baer brakes, but on the rear I think it is only 1/4" further out due to the rotor. Someone else might be able to chime in about the difference in the brakes.
How did you decide you wanted 315/35R17?
Todd

I am doing the corvette c5 brakes on front and rear. I just like a wide tire on the rear. Lol

I'll post some pics when measuring backspacing. Please do the same. Love to see your car.

I tried searching but couldn't find any specific threads on what rim back spacing I need. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This next week I will be measuring the exact backspacing and ordering Boze mesh 17x11 wheels.
I'll keep you posted.
Todd

You can get engraved centers with those wheels
:)
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1382220366.601993.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1382220403.039973.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Am going with street lite wheels 17x11 with 5-1/2 BS . My car is minitub and 315 35 17 tires
That's the same wheels I am going with. I was planning on doing the frame notch and mini tub. I have already rolled the lips I have dropped it about a inch or so. I want to have my ducks in a row and know for sure what back spacing to get. I had 15x 10 on it for trial fit but they rub on the inside.

I had 15x10 with 3-1/2 inch BS and rolled lips no rub at all. The reason why I go with street lite is I have 2 front already so all I have to do is buy rhe rears. Otherwise I'll go with 18x12 RTS Weld wheels. After my minitub is done I tried 6inch BS and it barely rub in the back. That's why I decide to go with 5-1/2

That's kind of what I did. I got the fronts from a guy on the board the other day. Now I am getting ready to get the rears.

gobabygo

I remember this T-Type from awhile back owned by DrBuick here on the board.

It has CCW 17 x 11's on the back with 4 7/8 " backspacing with some trimming , it also runs 315/35/17's but they are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's and tend to run a bit wider , up front are 17 x10 with 4 7/8" back spacing with 285/40/17 s, he also has GNX flares.

heres a pic of the fit
blue-regal-009-jpg.62046

Here's the thread on the T-Type , it is one Car Crafts Magazine Real Street Eliminator winners

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/87-tr-1998-car-craft-real-street-eliminator.271370/

That's a nice wheel combo. I like how it's setup. Really nice looking. Wish I could get my car setup like that.