Info for a noobie starting out with alky

Novacaine

Im settin here staring at my new alky kit lying on the floor itching to install it any give it a whirl but... I have to wait till i get my tranny in next week.
In the mean time since i have no experience with alky and have a few days to just stare at the kit ...
what advise would u guys give someone starting out with this stuff? My current mods are as follows
ta-49, 50 MSD'S,3" thdp,340 pump,boost gauge,scanmaster, and a carter 93 oct chip.
Any info on starting out with alky would be greatly appreciated
and thx ahead of time for the info :)

Have the engine in a good state of tune, and in good operating condition. If it has low oil pressure, knocks, etc.. dont subject it to high boost.

make sure all the numbers are within normal ranges on your scanmaster,

make sure the motor runs absolutely clean at lower boost levels like 15 PSI with no detonation, surging, popping, etc..

Wire tie all your vacuum hoses especially the ones on your fuel pressure regulator.

gap your plugs down to .030-.032 regular AC's are fine.

The same applies as to if you were going to run 100 unleaded in the tank.. car has to be able and run cleanly on higher octane fuel. If not, it wont run cleanly on alky.

Take your time making connections to the electrical portion of your install.

That should start you off.

HTH

May I ask why the smaller gap, I have a 35 gap on mine now and will soon install a kit on my car. It is sound with no knock at 16 psi, and a hint of some at 17 psi.

Do you recommend a 30-32 gap for an alky install ? My setup is similar to above only its a stock turbo and stock inj.

It is very common on our cars to run reduced gaps when running high boost levels. At best it doesnt mis-fire. At worst.. flame gets blown out..and car coughs. its not a pretty sound.

To run 20 PSi wont be needed to reduce gaps. For higher than 20.. then start considering it. If you dont, the motor will tell ya. ;)