Indy Block

I have (most) of one of those engines sitting on the mezzanine in my garage. Traded a completely worn out 69 Chevy truck for it.

Don't know why I traded for it, I'll never do anything with the dang thing.....

According to my converter, 55 inHG translates to 27 lb of boost.

But... the 55 in. Hg is absolute pressure, which is relative to a vacuum. From that you have to subtract atmospheric pressure which is 14.7 lb. 27-14.7 = 12.3# relative to atmosphere.

I have (most) of one of those engines sitting on the mezzanine in my garage. Traded a completely worn out 69 Chevy truck for it.

What do you have, exactly? I don't need it either, but maybe I need it more than you!

jckcolarusso rated this post "dumb"......

Whatever.

Those rating buttons are really easy to hit if you are scrolling with your right hand on a tablet or phone, don't take them too seriously. I've done it a few times and not even known it.

I really don't care about "ratings", the fact is I have one, what I'm going to do with it remains to be seen. :D:D

Sorry didn't mean that my friend

No offence taken. ;) I still don't know what's going to become of this thing.

Block, rotating assembly, complete heads, intake....... and a box full o' junk that I don't think even belonged to this engine....... it's all Chinese to me..... :eek:

You have 2 very knowledgeable stage 2 guys in your corner for 1st hand advice what to do with it and the spare parts, Nick and Lou!

I have a M&A intake and there are a lot of things that are different. T/A owns rights to the intake and can sell you an intake or parts as needed. At least they would 5-6 years ago.
Conrad

I have a M&A intake and there are a lot of things that are different. T/A owns rights to the intake and can sell you an intake or parts as needed. At least they would 5-6 years ago.
Conrad

Conrad, is it on your car now? Can you post a pic?

When I fabbed-up my plenum, I split the volume between the top and bottom of the throttle blade. I made a internal baffle and directed half the air flow to the front 3 and half to the back 3 runners....... I'm over simplifying the description. I actually put a lot of thought into it's final form.

I think this works pretty well as told by the EGT readings on all 6 cylinders. I'm just curious how M&A's design works. Any data?

TurboTguy
Do you have any oil or water pumps parts from the Indy engine
thanks
steve

Nope.

Someone might have use for it down the line, I never will.

It's pretty much a coffee table base to me. Cool to look at, but it doesn't do a thing.......... :D