In need of trans install (near Chicago)

Noncooled85

I have a 85 in need of a trans. The car has been sitting and will need to be gone over and fluids changed as well.
I would like to find someone that knows theses and can help me out. I'm in Joliet, Illinois.

Thanks

Go to jimmy transmission. He is north of Chicago about 20 min. Did mine and did good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information. Looks like I'm heading north.

I’ve been wondering the same. I knew Jimmy’s was the place to go, but thought he moved location. There were previous posts saying that the phone number and location were different. Id like to get my transmission serviced there because they are the best! I just wasn’t sure if the shop was still around? I’m south of Chicago about an hour

Well even though he moved and a little farther from u, I would take the car to him. Took my car to him, he removed and reinstalled the transmission plus drove the car to make sure it’s performing correctly. Worth it in my opinion

Do you need a good used trans? I have a mildly modified trans available in the NW burbs. Came out of my car 6 months ago when I had Jimmy install one of his full race builds for my new setup. The trans has a pan spacer, shift kit with 3-2 control valve mod, and an Art Carr kit. It’s a service case with BRF internals.

Do you need a good used trans? I have a mildly modified trans available in the NW burbs. Came out of my car 6 months ago when I had Jimmy install one of his full race builds for my new setup. The trans has a pan spacer, shift kit with 3-2 control valve mod, and an Art Carr kit. It’s a service case with BRF internals.

Who else do you guys use in Chi-town for the 200's ??

Possibly. Where are you located?

Huntley / Lake in the Hills

I may be interested in the trans if the op is not. Let me know if it's available

Jimmy knows the TRs and the 200 well.
I use Lonnie.
Mike owns Trans Pro in Lansing and can take care of your initial request. He is a Buick guy as well.

Jimmy knows the TRs and the 200 well.
I mainly use Lonnie now.
Mike owns Trans Pro in Lansing and can take care of your initial request. He is a Buick guy as well.

Anyone have updated info on jimmy? A buddy of mine just got a grand national and I don’t have his information anymore