In need of some advice.

joeb1300

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have a 87 gn that i have been working on and off for 4 years. Just had motor rebuilt about 500 street mikes noticed i was losing fuel pressure. Well today i finally got that issue fixed. Dang e85 ate up my high dollar fuel line in tank and clogged the pump strainer. So im feeling good and car is finally making power. So i heas down the road and get into about 7 pounds of boost and smoke pour iut of the hood. Crap. Pull over and see the pvc valve blown off as well as the turbo vacuum line. So much for the clean motor. But know i have oil smoke coming out of the valve cover breathers. Is this a blown head gasket? I dont understand I've used the best gasket with ARp bolts. Need advuce please.

best parts in world wont help with detonation
sounds like a headgasket or cracked piston

Diamond piston. Car was running in the 10s air fuel. Is that lean? Ported intake and heads by champion. Should i be running a different head gasket?

I have vacuum off intake. Motor was suppose to be bullet proof. Lol

Motor would boost up to 7 then turbo would would boost back to 6 then back to 7. Never would it ho past 7.

Thought it was my boost controller doing this. You telling me this was not the case. Never heard any motor knock what so ever

Well i was hoping for a valve spring. But i guess ill let you guys know in a couple of weeks. 60 pound injectors. These to small?

on e85? unless you're all stock including turbo and on lowered boost (maybe 20psi ),, yeah too small .. 60s will support 300-350 hp.. if you can open the duty up to full and if have the fuel delivery as single 255lph will be done before the injectors are maxed ...

Roller rockers ported heads intake roller cam 63mm bb turbo. Forged crank hbean rods diamond pistons arp all the way. Not stock. Was looking for a nice street car if i can ever get it to run right.

Guess i was expecting more with my setup. Took it to have it tunned by local guy he put on dyno 400 hp with 4 psi boost. He told me it was fine like it was. So i left it Turbo duty is set at 20 percent. What can i do from having this happen again. Not turbo knowledge for sure.

I would start off with a compression check and a leak down on each cylinder. E85 requires quite a bit more injector from what I have read. You call it a 63mm turbo, what brand, where did it come from? Sounds like you need twice as big(120lb) injector to be running the e85. And more pump, and probably a larger feed and return line to feed "the beast". Stock computer? By the sound you are running xfi. Who did the running you mentioned? Lots of questions.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Yes changed fuel lines pump . turbonetics from jack cotton. Was trying to keep stock computer. Was told 4 years ago that is the way to go with stock ecm.

Only blows out when i get into gas. Idle there is no smoke. Can someone describe what detonation feels like?

Sorry got chip from eric at tt. Check oil looks good no signs of water .

Only blows out when i get into gas. Idle there is no smoke. Can someone describe what detonation feels like?
Do you have a scanmaster or some type of way to measure ignition retard? Detonation sounds like a coffee can with some small rocks in it being shaken. If you are hearing it you probably will he swapping a new head gasket at the minimum.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Yes have scannaster. Didn't hear any of that. Never messed with timing.