I'm trying to decide on a pre bent cage...

ArthurJGuy

I'm trying to decide on who to go with for a pre-bent cage. I know everyone says to have one bent up, well there isn't anyone within a 4 hour drive of me that's worth my business IMO, so pre-bent it is.

I want a 12 point in chromoly that goes through the dash, has bent door bars (no swing outs), and has the rear bars through the package tray.

There are 4 or 5 places that advertise some version of what I want on their website, but I've only heard back from one or two of them. I'd love to see your pics if you have what I'm after.

I'm not sure what your issue is, but neither of your comments have been relevant to my post or what I'm looking for. Have a nice day.

I don't have an "issue"....My thot was, if we knew where you lived, someone in that area may have experience to share.
You obviously have an "issue" w/ my suggestion...
Personally, I could give a hoot if you find the item you are asking about, or not.
Have a nice day.

Very recently someone posted in this section his install of a wild rides roll bar. Seemed a decent kit. Not a full cage like you're asking about.

Very recently someone posted in this section his is tall of a wild rides roll bar. Seemed a decent kit. Not a full cage like you're asking about.

Thanks for the feed back. I did see that post and I agree it looked nice. I'm just super picky about the a pillar bars, and it seems like everyone has a roll bar like you said, or if they have a cage they put the bars in front of the dash which moves their relationship to the a pillar.

Last edited:
Why not give Cotton's a call. Maybe they can bend one up for you and ship it out. I know Brian plans to fit up a full NHRA legal cage for his car very soon. All he has to do is duplicate each piece he makes and send you the copy. Nothing fits better.

Why not give Cotton's a call. Maybe they can bend one up for you and ship it out. I know Brian plans to fit up a full NHRA legal cage for his car very soon. All he has to do is duplicate each piece he makes and send you the copy. Nothing fits better.

I wasn't aware he did pre bent deals, I'll explore that option also.

Thanks!

I wasn't aware he did pre bent deals, I'll explore that option also.

Thanks!
Remember to ask about Brian doing his and yours at the same time. I don't see it being much of a problem if he's fitting one up for himself anyway. You may have to wait a little while, but it may be worth it. I'm not sure what kind of schedule your on.

Remember to ask about Brian doing his and yours at the same time. I don't see it being much of a problem if he's fitting one up for himself anyway. You may have to wait a little while, but it may be worth it. I'm not sure what kind of schedule your on.

That's a bust. They did it once and someone used the product to make a knock off, so they aren't comfortable doing it again.

Give Wild Rides a call, when i spoke with them it seemed to me he would do whatever i wanted. Possibly they can fab up a 12 point for you. I only wanted the door bars so i could take them in and out, he said no problem but that was easy.

If you're picky about how the cage fits in the a pillar area, the only real way to get what you want is by taking it to a chassis shop and having them custom make to fit your car. I've seen out of the box 10 point kits installed. Most a pillar bars come down behind the dash and straight into the floor. Doesn't look very easy to get into, and while functional, they don't look like they fit the car right.

When I talked to my chassis guy about an 8 point, he said he likes to run the a pillar bars down through the dash and hug the fronts of the door openings. A lot more work, but a much cleaner end result. I decided against it mostly because my car won't see ETs that warrant installing a full cage.

if u actually have some re-sale value then find a fab shop. if that means driving or shipping it then so be it. I'm not even aware of anyone who sells a pre bent cage.