I'm surprised they don't have a special team of doctors there to save him after the injection!

He was supposed to be executed today but they canceled it because of not being able to find a vein to use for the injection. There was no mention of when or even if they were going to try it again. Maybe he will just remain in prison until he dies.

I kinda feel bad for the guy. I wonder what kind of person you would be if you were tortured and sexually abused as a child. But like a bad dog from a bad home what must be done, must be done.

He should have been executed in 1969. Two people would still be alive. Plus all the money to keep this piece of shit alive. Take lucille to the back of his head. Eye for a eye.

Well sure, if we could see into the future that he would later kill people then he should have been executed back then. Problem is we can't see into the future.

Heres my problem. He killed a State Trooper in 1967. He should have been put down by 1968. Our system sucks. We've housed him and fed him most of his life. What a waste of tax dollars.

It didn't say he killed the state trooper but that he did shoot him.

Campbell, who has a lengthy arrest record, first went to jail in 1967, when he was 19 years old, for shooting a state trooper, Dayton Daily News reported.

No veins req'd for a dose of Pb....

It seems that he did try to get them to execute him by firing squad but was turned down.

Earlier this month, Campbell lost a bid to be executed by firing squad after a federal judge questioned whether lawmakers would enact the bill needed to allow the method.

It seems that he did try to get them to execute him by firing squad but was turned down.

Earlier this month, Campbell lost a bid to be executed by firing squad after a federal judge questioned whether lawmakers would enact the bill needed to allow the method.

Yeah, they outlawed it in that state in 2015. It seems silly to me to outlaw it. The reason they want people to be in good health to die is so the poison works as intended without suffering (otherwise it would violate constitutional right of no cruel or unusual punishment). Bullets don't care what you have though. Get 6 bullets to hit that head at once and they aren't going to feel a thing. It's gruesome in appearance, but effective.