Im Stuck

pmparents

1987 GN, TA49, 37# injectors, turbotweak chip, headers, TH 3" DP, Powermaster 140 amp Alt, HV fuel pump.

The problem is when I go to start it cold, its hard as hell to start but once I get it started, it'll start fine afterwards. I don't know what it could be. The sparkplugs/wires are new and so is the ignition module. Could it be the Cam sensor I installed not to long ago? I don't know! Any help is greatly appreciated ! Thanx in advance

Post up the idle scanmaster numbers... as soon as it starts. Did you set the cam sensor correctly??? Was it hard to start before the cam sensor install?? :rolleyes:

it was hard 2 start before the cam sensor intall. I'll check the idle #'s tomorrow morning.

I re-read your post, and I'm wondering if the fuel system is priming before the cold start. Do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you first turn the key to 'on'? You should.....

Probably coolant temp sensor. When I was poor mine went bad and I went through an entire winter spraying starting fluid in the K&N while the girlfriend cranked it over.

Probably coolant temp sensor. When I was poor mine went bad and I went through an entire winter spraying starting fluid in the K&N while the girlfriend cranked it over.

Guess it's possible.... wouldn't be my first thought... we'll know when he posts up the #'s!! :)

SCANMASTER #'s

All are at idle:
O2(???WTF)=187-195, 85-93, 240-253, 638-956. My O2's are all over da place.
AF=05
L8=36
Bat=13.7
Int=128
BL=142
CLt=173
Ats=112(70° weather)
rpm=800
tps=.52
IAC=16

So there it is! I think I need a new O2 sensor. I'm tune the IAC/TPS tomorrow. Sorry 4 the delay.

All are at idle:
O2(???WTF)=187-195, 85-93, 240-253, 638-956. My O2's are all over da place.
AF=05
L8=36
Bat=13.7
Int=128
BL=142
CLt=173
Ats=112(70° weather)
rpm=800
tps=.52
IAC=16

So there it is! I think I need a new O2 sensor. I'm tune the IAC/TPS tomorrow. Sorry 4 the delay.

Maybe... maybe not. What are cross counts? (cc, i think on scanmaster?) O2's may actually be all over the place if it's having a hard time idling. BL= 142. It's adding a good bit of fuel. May have a vacuum leak. Do a thorough check of all vac. lines and inlet plumbing. Also, you said the FP was 'good'.... what is it? I'm assuming the idle INT is locked at 128. Is it idle hunting? IAC moving around? TPS/IAC aren't toooo bad. IAC should be fine there, maybe it will improve a little when you fix the TPS. Definitely adjust the tps to read .40-.42 key on, engine off, and as high as achievable WOT, and see where that gets you. Not the CTS or IAT (ats)... :smile:

As stated... O2's are going to be all over the place idling...

Also... you need to see what the CLT number is when the car is cold... before you crank it.... with the key on so the scanmaster can read what is going on...

I also agree the BLM's are high... might be an indicator of a vacuum leak...

Also... you need to adjust your TPS.... .52 volts at idle is too high..... the car is likely not in the idle part of the chip.... because it doesn't realize it is idling... try and get the TPS to .45 - .46 volts...

HTH

Cross counts are incremented each time the O2 sensor crosses .5 volts (or 500). Who's chip is this? Also, the tps needs to be below .5 volts for idle fuel, the ecm is thinking your foot is on it a bit and probably not in idle mode...

vacuum

is there a special way 2 check the vacuum lines or a way I can get a layout of where they all run other than visually. I looked but I wanna make sure I don't over look anything.