I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

Black automatic northeast Kansas. $68,500 I think is what they told me

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

He says its $5k under msrp which would put msrp at about 67k and it may be higher then that because when he originally wrote that ad the price was higher then what it is now and it said
$5k below msrp back then too.
The auto trans is $3k so i think if they both had the same trans they would be within $1000 of each other,it just comes down to diff options, this one has this bell and that one has that whistle ,yours has the sunroof, i don't think that the other one does,but he talks about a Optional Laguna Leather upgrade (don't know the cost) , biggest diff is that crazy expensive auto trans.
I would bet the car in the link could be had for $60k he has been trying to sell it forever, and has to be thinking about sinking values.
I am guessing he bought it as a speculation investment or maybe he is a car dealership owner,i'm not sure ,but he got it and never drove it or even registered it, and put it immedietly up for sale.
I hope your not a salesman at your dealership and i'm stepping on a possible commission, if so let me know and i'll just remove that link.
I'm not trying to sell it for the guy or anything i just put it up for conversation.

update;Actually just looked on ebay and the car is there for $61k, and the box for best offer/make offer is also there, so it will probably end up selling under $60k

Last edited:
Nope! I'd starve to death if I were a salesman. Too honest.

Sales,

Mostly looked at as the scum on the pond, but without them, none of us would have a job.

A little ironic, isn't it?:D

And I'm NOT a sales guy, I just have to deliver what they promise on a daily basis....

Sometimes easier said, than done......

Bless their greedy souls and thanks for keeping me in a job!!!!!!!.:eek:

hello people; I have a Mopar fan at work and he's got a woody for the new Demon. He is also a Demon fan and has a couple and a few others. I just did a quick look on the net and they say it's a wide bodied Challenger. You might want to look at that if your still interested in a Hellcat. It won't be cheap.
IBBY

You can get Hellcat 36 month leases with just tax down and $499 a month with 10-12K mi a year. Way over stocked on HCs and they are dealing.

You can get Hellcat 36 month leases with just tax down and $499 a month with 10-12K mi a year. Way over stocked on HCs and they are dealing.
I thought the Hellcats were $599? Either way, crazy deals right now. GM is giving 20% off the Chevy SS through March 13th. Buy for $39k. Slap a supercharger on it and you have a car that will match the Hellcat in straight line performance and beat a Hellcat in any handling category. Of course, people will mistake it for a Malibu or Cruze which is a problem and your warranty is bye-bye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought the Hellcats were $599? Either way, crazy deals right now. GM is giving 20% off the Chevy SS through March 13th. Buy for $39k. Slap a supercharger on it and you have a car that will match the Hellcat in straight line performance and beat a Hellcat in any handling category. Of course, people will mistake it for a Malibu or Cruze which is a problem and your warranty is bye-bye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Slap a supercharger on?
I doubt the rest of the drivetrain is ready to handle the extra power....for long.

You dont want to get into voiding warranty race with the Hellcat either..... just for apples to apples sake.
In 3 years when the 15 Hellcats have no more warranty, there will be a frenzy of people modding these machines. MOST GN's wont stand a chance. there will be more 9 sec hellcats than there are 86-87 GN's within 10 years.

Slap a supercharger on?
I doubt the rest of the drivetrain is ready to handle the extra power....for long.

You dont want to get into voiding warranty race with the Hellcat either..... just for apples to apples sake.
In 3 years when the 15 Hellcats have no more warranty, there will be a frenzy of people modding these machines. MOST GN's wont stand a chance. there will be more 9 sec hellcats than there are 86-87 GN's within 10 years.

30 yrs later........I would hope so.

Slap a supercharger on?

Just how many 9 second TR's do you think there ever were?
Or are today?

Every single modern import/muscle/sports car ever made should have hundreds more 9 second cars than us. And most probably do. So what does that mean?

Does this mean it's a waste of time to make our little V6's fast? We are only going to fall behind in the power war anyway?

Every one listen-up. Sell your TR now. It's just not worth it anymore. It has been too long since we have been a significant part of the performance world.

Me first..........
Anyone want to buy my car. 28 cents! That's it! I give up!

Sell all those 14 second 70s concours restoration muscle cars too. Not worth the dough.

Funny story: about 10 years ago, one of my female cousins was at my Mom's house for Christmas and my car came up. She asked if I had ever drag raced it. I said yes and had run a 12.2. She said "Oh I know someone that has an 11 second car". I said "Do you have an 11 second car?" She changed the subject. Moral of the story: there will always be someone claiming to be faster than you but who cares?

Just how many 9 second TR's do you think there ever were?
Or are today?

Every single modern import/muscle/sports car ever made should have hundreds more 9 second cars than us. And most probably do. So what does that mean?

Does this mean it's a waste of time to make our little V6's fast? We are only going to fall behind in the power war anyway?

Every one listen-up. Sell your TR now. It's just not worth it anymore. It has been too long since we have been a significant part of the performance world.

Me first..........
Anyone want to buy my car. 28 cents! That's it! I give up!

Joey you are so full of shit, but I love you anyway. You do in fact have a bad ass TR, one of the best on this forum, bar none. Keep the faith bother, your one of the best!!!!

Kirban 2 cents worth

Basically it boils down to this.....

There will always be someone faster....just like the old west someone has a faster gun.

The Hellcat is a halo car for the company to offset the Fiat which came in last for having the most problems in 3 years per 100 cars.

The hellcat is an easy purchase for buyers with the coin and an understanding spouse....the turbo Buicks have established themselves
for being the best of the class for the G body models. Just look at the recognition you get when you drive your GN. Heck I get it once in awhile and my turbo car is all white....I get offers all the time to sell it.

Plus we are not sitting on a 60 grand investment before state taxes an insurance fees.

My toe in the game is I was at Garlits estate in Florida week after he got drag pak challenger number 001. I bought everything he took of that car and had him sign it. I got all the tires front shocks rear shocks. All signed all with the 001 on them. He got the very lst drag pak car free from what I understand. At his age he needed to slow down fro top fuel.

Most of us will be in the old folks home before the Hellcat jumps in value mainly because the Demon is the next fastest gun in the west..only difference is with a single seat your spouse can';t ride with you. Not sure how that plays out with various state inspection laws. They are smart though as the Demon does shed some weight over the Hellcat.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Before my last post, it's been a while since I've commented in this thread. I just have this to say.

Buicks!