I'm knocking on 11s, 12.09

Nice mph and yes the Hookers are killing you! Stock headers are far better for your set up.

Another week and they will be on along with the rest of the stuff. Thanks. I did pick up 3mph from the last run of the season last year but ran .2 off, weird but could of been the heat.

Last edited:
Don't compensate fuel with alky. Run as much alky as you need to suppress knock, no more, than adjust your air/fuel ratio with the chip like you are doing. Tune one at a time. If you are kr free, start adding timing until you tickle kr then back it off a degree. After that, then start leaning it out a bit. If you see kr, bump the alky just a little on the gain knob; a little goes a long way, but don't add alky just because you are taking fuel away. It'll pick up more if you leave the alky set where it needs to be and not use it as a means to control AFR.

Couple things: Every car is different so no easy answer to how much is too much fuel to trim in first or any gear; depends on injectors, fuel pressure, etc. Just trim it until your car stops picking up in the 60' or shows a little kr. Secondly, stop racing the car with known bad equipment. You're just asking to push a HG. But maybe you need to change a few to get tired of doing it. Making power like a V8 with two less cylinders and less cubes always means that things need to be that much more correct to keep one of these mills together compared to a SBC or something.

Excited to see you sort this out! Get rid of those headers. I've never run them, but my T/A stock replacements don't spool like a tight set of stockers, so I can only imagine how bad real headers are on that thing.

Good tips. I plan on getting my fuel trimming right before I go into the timing, I might not mess with that to much. I'm hoping that this wideband comes and that it helps. Tuning with the narrow band I found out can be done but it's hard. Was mainly just looking for kr

your focus should be the 60ft at this point.what is the 1/2 shift rpm,have you adjusted the 1st gear timing and fuel?

your focus should be the 60ft at this point.what is the 1/2 shift rpm,have you adjusted the 1st gear timing and fuel?

I haven't done anything but trim overall fuel and 1st gear fuel by 2%. Didn't have time for more. I'll mess with timing after I get the fuel trimming. And my 60 is crappy only because I think those hooker headers suck so once I get the stock ones back on I should be back in action

image.jpeg

So after 3 years and 2 days to the date. I pull a 12.01@112. This was my 3rd run, probably 65-70 degree weather. 27# of boost and approximately 10# off the line. Had about 1.5kr. Tire pressure at 25psi. Ally set to 7. Really need a power logger but on a whenever I can afford things type of budget. Mods in my sig.

Lots of money, time, reading the forums, help from my mechanic, set backs and loads of fun in between. I would of stayed as long as I could to break into the 11s but the bracket racing started and no more test and tune. Slowly but surly it's gonna get there.

First run was a spinning through the 60ft at 2.0 running a 12.9@108. Didn't heat the nittos up enough. I let off to catch traction, thought about it and was like 3/4 throttle and slammed it 3/4 down the track.

Second run was 1.7 60ft and 12.49@110. Hooked like a mother. I think I yelled oh shit this is gonna be fast!

Third run was my best of the day.

Any suggestions?

Did you remove the snubber? They don't work, hard launch makes the rear end contact it and rebound and unloads the tires. Get some Mickey Thompson DR for the track. You can us the e brake to hold a lil more boost on the line. Ever get the stock headers installed?

Did you remove the snubber? They don't work, hard launch makes the rear end contact it and rebound and unloads the tires. Get some Mickey Thompson DR for the track. You can us the e brake to hold a lil more boost on the line. Ever get the stock headers installed?

I don't even think know it has a snubber.

I think it can hold more off the line but it starts pushing though the line.

I had the mickeys but went with the nittos due to budget and they last longer. They did well once heated up enough.

Yes stock headers back on but a small exhaust leak on the passenger side. Gotta reeled that

Use the e brake, been using it since 93. That works good but you can bend the backing plate with really high boost launches. Completely stock including chip but gutted cat and cone K&N i was doing 1.8 on M&H Racemasters and 8# launch and 8.40's in the 1/8th. Have you tried a quick spool boost controller like RJC sells? I made one and it helps with my TE61.

Use the e brake, been using it since 93. That works good but you can bend the backing plate with really high boost launches. Completely stock including chip but gutted cat and cone K&N i was doing 1.8 on M&H Racemasters and 8# launch and 8.40's in the 1/8th. Have you tried a quick spool boost controller like RJC sells? I made one and it helps with my TE61.

No not yet, It spools pretty quick now with the new MAF and a 3in downpipe. But ill look into it. My next thing to tackle is tuning. I've only added or took out fuel in the chip.

Duttweiller kneck on the stock intercooler. This will reduce induction system pressure drop.

I thought that slip looked familiar. I'm about a half hour away from Empire. I have similar mods and times. maybe we can compare notes next spring.

I thought that slip looked familiar. I'm about a half hour away from Empire. I have similar mods and times. maybe we can compare notes next spring.

I live in rochester, where abouts are you? What's youre time? Yes next spring we should make a trip out. I tend to go in the fall during colder weather.

Made it to the track this past Friday to test out the things I’ve added this year.

The upgrades are
Built Transmission with transbrake parts from CK Performance with a PTC N/L 9.5 3200stall
XFI Sportsman
Racetronix 450pump and Teflon lines with 80s

First time out with the new trans. The trans brakes was a ton of fun and helped cut great 60s. Quickest of the day was a 1.6 which was the first pass of the day and with the new transbrake. 1000 foot mark I was 80% throttle which netted me a 12.5@106.

The quickest pass of the day was 12.09@112 with a 1.8 60ft. I spun on the launch. The nittos weren’t hot enough I believe but we’re at 15psi

There is a lot more to go as far as tuning. Definitely logged the passes and will send to Cal to look over. The top end of the track needs the most work.

The next day I went to the dyno and she made 330hp/530tq all three runs.

Made it to the track this past Friday to test out the things I’ve added this year.

The upgrades are
Built Transmission with transbrake parts from CK Performance with a PTC N/L 9.5 3200stall
XFI Sportsman
Racetronix 450pump and Teflon lines with 80s

First time out with the new trans. The trans brakes was a ton of fun and helped cut great 60s. Quickest of the day was a 1.6 which was the first pass of the day and with the new transbrake. 1000 foot mark I was 80% throttle which netted me a 12.5@106.

The quickest pass of the day was 12.09@112 with a 1.8 60ft. I spun on the launch. The nittos weren’t hot enough I believe but we’re at 15psi

There is a lot more to go as far as tuning. Definitely logged the passes and will send to Cal to look over. The top end of the track needs the most work.

The next day I went to the dyno and she made 330hp/530tq all three runs.
What kind of boost and timing are you running?

Seems to me somethings amiss. First I'd dump the corkmaster exhaust. What intercooler are you running? At 27 with a 44 a mid 11 is not hard.

Seems to me somethings amiss. First I'd dump the corkmaster exhaust. What intercooler are you running? At 27 with a 44 a mid 11 is not hard.

And I agree! Stock intercoler. No exhaust leaks. I thought about the exhaust but that down the road. Could always put in a dump though