ignition module

silverT-PA

going to auto zone to have them check my ignition module. if it's bad they sell a duralast brand with a lifetime warranty. it's 103.00.
is this brand any good???
sounds to cheap. most i see on this board are around 170.00!!!!!!
thanks mike s

ign

ignition module checked out ok! coil pack or maf must be bad. coil pack only reads 8.5 to 8.7 terminal to terminal. that could be problem.
car breaking up as soon as any gas is applied.
mike

I used to have a popping under boost problem. Ordered a new coil pack and ignition module. I always try the cheaper fix first, so I threw on the coil pack, and it was fixed. Still have a nice new ignition module sitting around here somewhere. Coil pack is more likely to go bad, probably the same in your case.

My Autozone ign mod went bad sitting in a closed cabinet while I was building my engine,had 100 miles or so on it. They did swap it out though..........

ignition

i'm going to get a coil and try that. the reading on mine look bad and it,s the cheapest fix to start with. ha ha ha keep you informed.
thanks everyone !!!
mike s

I just replaced my ign module recently because the car was popping and bucking at high rpm's after it heated up and it gradually got worse. The new module fixed it, but also make sure your grounds are good. It sounds like your coil is the most likely problem though here. If you have to replace the module I would buy an AC Delco. I can get cheap deals on them if you ever need one.