If your looking for a 4l80 to bulletproof your buick, look no further!!!!!!!

This thread is really making me question using my 200-4R. :(

No offense to the OP but it shouldn't...

These threads pop up from time to time, after a little time it dies off.

Nothing works in a TR like a 200...

Unless you are making the power to need a 400, it is like putting a supercharger on a turbo car:biggrin:

I am a no body but we have 3 turbo buicks two with 2004R and one with a 4l80 the 200r4 is a good trans if built with good parts and builder knows what he is doing with a turbo buick so many buick guys have non buick guy build a trans for them and it does not last so if you have some one good build your trans it will last my cars with my boys driving them they will brake hard parts before burning up clutches but they have lead foot size 14 run them on drag strip and street race every weekend they know old dad will fix them for parts $ -- free labor
my buick has s2 engine, big stuff3 , 4l80 trans ,pt 88 mm turbo , 325 tires bult it and no problems for 4 - 5 years if you dont have big hp car the 200 is a better trans for most people its lighter than 4l80 and less hp loss in drive train

Steve how much do I owe you for the clutches? I got your message but you didnt leave a number and I didnt have any service so your didnt show up on my phone.
As for the the 4l80 its worth the 25 to 30hp loss you get to not have to pull the trans every year to freshen it up if your over the 600hp range. I know people that used them in daily drivers that ran mid 8s to low 9s. The other advantage if you go electric at the track put in drive and go it will shift at the same spot every time.

hello people; Did anyone go to Jakesperformance website? I read he can do a fixed line to eliminate the TV cable to control pressure.
Ck. it out and see if it makes sence to you.
IBBY

hello people; Does any one know any thing about this?
IBBY

hello people; Does any one know any thing about this?
IBBY

The 4L80E doesn't use a TV cable. TPS, ECM etc.. control the Trans functions.
There're Valve Body kits & Electronic Boxes to convert it to Manual only control. Jake probably makes his own Vbody kits, I think He also has an Electronic type.
One I've seen is by Rossler, Ross-Lock or "Litttle Black Box". It's Plug & Play type, only 2-wire hookup.
TCI also has a Vbody kits.

hello people; Did anyone go to Jakesperformance website? I read he can do a fixed line to eliminate the TV cable to control pressure.
Ck. it out and see if it makes sence to you.
IBBY

hello people; Sorry for the mess up as I was talking about the 200-4r. Any way go to Jakes site, go to transmission, and then the 200-4r. He calls it a stage 2 to eliminate the TV cable. Any one ever heard of this? Sorry for the confusion and as someone is going to say I should start a new thread. Well I didn't.
IBBY

Quote from Jakes site.
"Fixed line pressure available to eliminate the TV cable controlling line pressure."
This doesn't eliminate the TV Cable. It has fixed Max Line Pressure, the TV cable continues to control up & down shift points.

TCI makes a similar Vbody called "Constant Pressure" Vbody.> TCI® - Valve Bodies

Lonnie @EA also makes a similar Vbody but, his maintains fixed Max Line Pressure in 1st, 2nd & 3rd & normal TV controlled Variable Line Pressure in 4th/OD gear position.

Correct SSedan,
TV cables is still used to control shift points but doesn't affect boost valve operation/line pressure. Basically isolating the circuits. Very simple mod and when I have time it will be on the website for all to use for free.

Lonnie's deal is neat too. Probably also relatively simple. Good for keeping wear off the pump under street driving and keeping the shifts tame, but shift to 3rd and put the trans in kill mode.

RPM Transmissions
chit talker;2671363 They can build od trans to hold any amount of horsepower. Rodney is doing a 9sec gn 4l60 tsm car over the winter. All of his trans get dyno tested before shipping is what I like. Plus he is a buick guy.[/QUOTE said:
I had RPM rebuild a TH400, they invited me to witness dyno test and helped w/tuning (governor/line pressure) after trans was installed. Their transmissions are used in some LSX world record holders. I am planning to use one of their 4L60E's in a TTA I am building this winter.

From my experience the 200r4 is good for about 600rwhp after that it is way too much power for the small clutch drums. I put a 4l80e in my car and will never look back. When i raced on the
200r4 i was always crossing my fingers hoping it wouldnt slip. My setup is a 4l80e,rossler transbrake, b&m deep pan,pro torque 3500 l/u stall and a gmpp trans controller. Its so nice to program your shift points,line pressure and tc l/u. I got tired of that retarted tv cable on the 200r4. Anyways might be selling my whole 4l80e setup for a buick for anybody who is interested.
You can keep rebuilding that 200r4 all your life or step up to a
4l80e and enjoy your car.

Correct SSedan,
TV cables is still used to control shift points but doesn't affect boost valve operation/line pressure. Basically isolating the circuits. Very simple mod and when I have time it will be on the website for all to use for free.

Lonnie's deal is neat too. Probably also relatively simple. Good for keeping wear off the pump under street driving and keeping the shifts tame, but shift to 3rd and put the trans in kill mode.

200-4R Tricks

Freebie for those building your own.

I also really like the programmability of the 4L80E. I have it set to drive like Grandma's car at anything under 49% TPS (right where the secondaries start opening on my 4BBL air door), then it changes personality very quickly so that by 60% TPS it is full-on, neck-snapping shifts.

For racing you can program in short shifts or to stay longer in a gear of you want. And I'm adding a Shrifter Paddle setup this year for complete control for autocrossing and road racing.

Oh yeah, and no fears about breaking even as I approach the 1000rwhp mark.

Jim