IF YOU HAVE MULITPLE ITEMS LIST THEM IN ONE POST!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Guys I get tired of coming to this section and see one member with 20 posts on the first page. If you have multiple items for sale put them IN ONE POST! We will have to delete the multiples. If a member keeps doing it we will have to block you from the parts for sale section.... ONE MEMBER ONE POST!

Shane, can you reinforce this again? With all the single item, many threads, by the same username... Along with some posting the exact same items multiple times a day (or consecutive days) it's putting the rest of us pages way back...

Thanks,

K.

Yes sir, I bet you would make a good moderator! You interested?

Thanks guys for the offers!

People I am being serious, I don't care who you are, this needs to be cleaned up. Unless your ads are at least TWO WEEKS OLD APART use the SAME AD. List your title as MULTIPLE ITEMS FOR SALE! I will start deleting threads starting tomorrow morning....

I guess some just don't care about the rules or don't take time to read them. I have combined many posts today. I will only do this for you once or twice then I am going to start just deleting them...

Yes sir, I bet you would make a good moderator! You interested?

"Staff Member" :D I just noticed!! I guess I walked right into that one... LOL! What do you need me to do Shane, glad to help in any way I can.

K.

cc2ccf668369f92ce309297b15ff49d5.jpg
Aka want a thankless job hated by everyone. lol
Lol

Trying to figure out how to edit a recent post to add more parts for sale, any info would be appreciated!!

We no longer allow editing after a short time frame of the initial post. We had to many people editing threads for
nefarious reasons!

Guys I get tired of coming to this section and see one member with 20 posts on the first page. If you have multiple items for sale put them IN ONE POST! We will have to delete the multiples. If a member keeps doing it we will have to block you from the parts for sale section.... ONE MEMBER ONE POST!
Is there a procedure to delete or edit a post.

Message a staff member to change it. You have 10 minutes to edit after posting.

Is there a way to make only "for sale" posts editable?

The reason I ask is because an editing feature (in the For Sale section only) would allow the seller to go in and maintain the post, i.e. marking items "sold" and/or adding/deleting items from the post.

I would think this would not only help with eliminating multiple posts from the same member (say a seller forgot to put an item on the original post) but also help the seller and potential buyers not to have to ask/answer multiple times about the availability of an item listed in the original post.

Am I making any sense here? :)

BTW, I've never sold anything on the board. I buy a lot and I give away stuff to folks in need all the time, but I've never sold anything.

Is there a way to make only "for sale" posts editable?

The reason I ask is because an editing feature (in the For Sale section only) would allow the seller to go in and maintain the post, i.e. marking items "sold" and/or adding/deleting items from the post.

I would think this would not only help with eliminating multiple posts from the same member (say a seller forgot to put an item on the original post) but also help the seller and potential buyers not to have to ask/answer multiple times about the availability of an item listed in the original post.

Am I making any sense here? :)

BTW, I've never sold anything on the board. I buy a lot and I give away stuff to folks in need all the time, but I've never sold anything.

The for sale section is the main section I do not allow editing. We have had to many bad deals over the years where someone would post something for sale then when the buyer got it was nothing like described and guess what, the original post would be either edited or deleted.

Another reason, cars for sale. I feel having a record of descriptions keeps some more honest. How many 150k mile cars would be listed as 50k mile cars?

The for sale section is the main section I do not allow editing. We have had to many bad deals over the years where someone would post something for sale then when the buyer got it was nothing like described and guess what, the original post would be either edited or deleted.

Another reason, cars for sale. I feel having a record of descriptions keeps some more honest. How many 150k mile cars would be listed as 50k mile cars?

OK, That makes sense, too. I didn't look at it from that perspective, probably because I wouldn't think of doing something shady like that to someone. :)

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to read forum rules before posting on a forum? I mean this thread is stuck at the very top of the page yet people still continue to post multiple threads with ONE ITEM LISTED...