If this is a real GNX...sigh!

6gunn

high on gas fumes

Just appeared on YouTube. Looks like 021...anyone know the history on it? Also looks like the rear wheels don't have the deep offset like factory GNX wheels. Clone or the real thing? If real...jeez this reminds me of #239(or maybe it was #237) that was on Columbus, GA Craigslist several years ago.

Wouldn't the easiest thing to check be to look at the rear end? If it's got a GNX suspension there is a decent chance it's a GNX, if not, it's a clone.

Someone asked for a picture of the rear end and the video poster said "No, I didn't get a pic. I saw it, though. It's the real deal."
Maybe it just has a GNX stamped rear diff cover, minus the mounting point for the torque arm.

That was me 😀 he videoed the car but he forgot ,(hmmm) to do the dash the rear suspension both things you would not have to disturb car to get video of.
"But it is the real deal ",and some story that it was early production, and didn't want to show dash number as it would reveal location of car?🤣There are lot of people with alot more knowledge on the 547 than me in fact must are on this forum.I Laughed when he said it was real.

The dash plaque was clearly visible.... along with the front seats and cluster.......
So this one came with 85 seats and NOT a gnx cluster?

The dash plaque was clearly visible.... along with the front seats and cluster.......
So this one came with 85 seats and NOT a gnx cluster?
The seats are a one year only option from 1984.

Lets start with the easy stuff, is the car even an '87? If not game over and oh BTW, I don't believe the opinion of the guys that "discovered" the car in plain sight as they don't know anything about Buicks or the GNX. Some definitive proof would be nice otherwise it's just a big fish story.

Neal

Does not surprise me.

I have seen a Bugatti that was built for royalty used as a chicken coup.
I have seen six figure collectible baseball cards used in bicycle spokes.
I have watched uber-valuable alcohol used to start an old lawn mower.
I witnessed millions of people throw their vote away for biden.

One mans junk is another mans treasure.

They reproduced the rear at one point(real expensive) and of course the badges are around so thats not a sure tell tail, but the intercooler(dense fins) and turbo(contaminate trap and turbine) were not really available to my knowledge .would need to see those, those wheels are not -15 and -23 offsets, the cluster was doable but along time ago 87-92, old sw gauges arent readily available now.
The video is missing all the key parts.

The seats are a one year only option from 1984.

Lets start with the easy stuff, is the car even an '87? If not game over and oh BTW, I don't believe the opinion of the guys that "discovered" the car in plain sight as they don't know anything about Buicks or the GNX. Some definitive proof would be nice otherwise it's just a big fish story.

Neal

Yeah, when the video starts off with the guy saying "only a couple hundred made", I had my doubts. The rear wheel offset and the side body molding(never seen it on a GNX), and the side of the passenger seat not being in black. How can you guys see the cluster? I couldn't make it out. Regardless, I wouldn't have been surprised if this were an authentic GNX. After seeing the pics of GNX #239 that was on Columbus, GA craigslist long ago and how such a car can be left to rot...well, like I said...I wouldn't have been surprised.

Attachments

• gnx239a.jpeg
    gnx239a.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 131
  • gnx239b.jpeg
    gnx239b.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 133
  • gnx239c.jpeg
    gnx239c.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 136
If by some very slim chance it is a real Gnx and left for dead, subtract the following for $ value lol
-20000 if not the original turbo
-20000 if not the original rear
-20000 if not the original wheels
-20000 if not the original cluster and intercooler
-30000 if engine doesnt run and needs a re-build
-50000 for the overall condition

just a little joke Gnx guys dont take it too serious...;)

Sad state for any turbo buick, even a GNX clone. In my area someone would still ask $10k for it.

Sad state for any turbo buick, even a GNX clone. In my area someone would still ask $10k for it.
I like the absolute trash I see on Craigslist and the prices attached to it. Not only Turbo Buicks, just about everything.

Neal