If anybody bought parts from alpine 455 he is selling my stolen parts please contact me!!!!!!

Wow!

Post deleted because I wouldn't want to find myself in the same position.

Last edited:
Sad part is everyone who bought these parts are in possession of stolen property.

This is the biggest twist of anything of its nature I've seen on here EVER! Maybe the mods or owner will finally grab their balls and step in, and change policies about selling around here.

We have a third party we can do the money through so it's all handled by a banking concern, but no one wants to do it. It was brought up several years ago and as a group, the members of the board didn't just say no, but hell no.

u mean like an Escrow?

We have a third party we can do the money through so it's all handled by a banking concern, but no one wants to do it. It was brought up several years ago and as a group, the members of the board didn't just say no, but hell no.

I think PayPal is fine, it's the fact NEW members can come on here and sell. Fuck that, I don't buy anything from new members, that's downright stupid. We don't need a banking system, we need modified "for sale" rules!!

Sadly no one reads the "rules"....... I lurk the boards daily sometimes hourly. Some people can't even follow the simplest of rules in the for sale section. Alot find it hard to just make 1 post with the 50 things they are selling. Instead they post 1 item at a time or have multiple posts and could care less about the rules. The mods don't have the time to sit there and be Internet police and I don't blame them.

Sadly no one reads the "rules"....... I lurk the boards daily sometimes hourly. Some people can't even follow the simplest of rules in the for sale section. Alot find it hard to just make 1 post with the 50 things they are selling. Instead they post 1 item at a time or have multiple posts and could care less about the rules. The mods don't have the time to sit there and be Internet police and I don't blame them.
There is a setting for it. I've been on forums where you can't post if you tried to before a certain amount of posts. It's very easy to be setup that way, no police state needed.

There is a setting for it. I've been on forums where you can't post if you tried to before a certain amount of posts. It's very easy to be setup that way, no police state needed.
That's how the main truck forum I belong to works. You have to have 50 posts, and xx days as an active member. So basically one can't just join and post a bunch of thumbs up or smilies or just one word posts in a few minutes then start selling stuff.

There you actually have to post an introduction post before you can comment or post after your first post. Keeps the trolling down.

It's a pretty tightly run ship there as far as new members/sales etc. They had an issue with people listing to add the 3% for paypal or send as cash/fam/friends, so they put the kabash on that real quick.

Hell, they even have rules for the freebie section. You can't claim a freebie unless you have xx amount of posts.

That's how the main truck forum I belong to works. You have to have 50 posts, and xx days as an active member. So basically one can't just join and post a bunch of thumbs up or smilies or just one word posts in a few minutes then start selling stuff.

There you actually have to post an introduction post before you can comment or post after your first post. Keeps the trolling down.

It's a pretty tightly run ship there as far as new members/sales etc. They had an issue with people listing to add the 3% for paypal or send as cash/fam/friends, so they put the kabash on that real quick.

Hell, they even have rules for the freebie section. You can't claim a freebie unless you have xx amount of posts.
Thats some pretty decent rules. Every forum should follow that platform.

Can I get a too long, didn't read, or everything got redacted at the version of what happened?

Null, Nobody owes you shit.:cool: but here's the short story.

An individual and board member here was ripped off for parts by a fucking sleezeball. Sleezball used an unsuspecting friend (????) to use his PayPal account to sell some of those parts.

Some of those STOLEN parts were sold to unsuspecting TB members. The OP lost many parts that are yet to be found/discovered.

Perp is now in custody facing charges.

It's not worth regurgitating all of it to inform your slow ass...........:eek::eek::eek:

Read, mutha fuckah.......... read.

Oh, and ya'all have a nice weekend, too. ;);)

Last edited:
Null, Nobody owes you shit.:cool: but here's the short story.

An individual and board member here was ripped off for parts by a fucking sleezeball. Sleezball used an unsuspecting friend (????) to use his PayPal account to sell some of those parts.

Some of those STOLEN parts were sold to unsuspecting TB members. The OP lost many parts that are yet to be found/discovered.

Perp is now in custody facing charges.

It's not worth regurgitating all of it to inform your slow ass...........:eek::eek::eek:

Read, mutha fuckah.......... read.

Oh, and ya'all have a nice weekend, too. ;);)
Bahahahahahahahaha.

Sleezball used an unsuspecting friend (????) to use his PayPal account to sell some of those parts.

This is the part I don't believe.
Unsuspecting friend knew he was dealing with a junkie.

Then comes on here like he was doing us a favor.

He knew the junkie was a junkie.

I wonder what unsuspecting friends cut was?

And let's not forget the hissy fit he pulled when called out.

Birds of a feather I say!

D

Wow! Judging by the knee-jerk reactions, I wasn't aware we had so many politicians on this forum. In the today's world of e-commerce, it's very simple to keep one's money protected as a consumer.

Let me break it down for you one time. First of all, never send anyone cash or even a check(might as well piss in the wind). Always pay with a cc or if possible, use your debit card as a visa/mc. If buying from a private party, always use paypal with funds covered by preferably a cc or your financial institution, if you don't have a cc. If you have an issue arise with one of your transactions, skip bitching to paypal, ebay, amazon, or whomever. They take too long to resolve issues, and don't get me started on the hoops. Instead, go straight to the funding source, your cc provider or financial institution.

I send my funds through paypal whenever I can, since they don't divulge my info directly to any seller/merchant. I also pay friends and fam all the time without a worry or care, because my cc provider or any financial institution for that fact, only views the transaction as a debit to the account. Plus, when it comes to them, that friends and fam bs wouldn't fly anyway.

Yes, I have been burned a number of times with not receiving goods or having them misrepresented. Now, paypal can take 30 days or longer to resolve an issue. But one simple phone call to my cc provider to open a billing dispute gets me an immediate temporary refund, including any s&h. Then, they'll give that seller/merchant 30 days to respond and provide info to prove your claim false. If they choose not to respond or cannot otherwise prove your claim to be false, you keep the credit.

I'll even go a step further. This is for when someone sends you misrepresented, damaged, or defective goods and refuses to work with you. Just open a billing dispute, then tell your cc provider or financial institution you refuse to spend your hard earned money sending the goods back. Instead, make it clear that as a stipulation, you need a prepaid return shipping label from that seller/merchant if they want their goods back. I've got a pile of items I was refunded for and still have never shipped back. So ultimately, who got the last laugh?

Btw, it sounds to me like a bunch of you guys are probably still running to your mailboxes checking for those Jamaican Lottery checks too.

Last edited:
Btw, it sounds to me like a bunch of you guys are probably still running to your mailboxes checking for those Jamaican Lottery checks too.

No, but I've been assured there are funds on the way to my bank from a Zimbabwe Prince's estate...... The check I sent them just cleared my bank yesterday so the funds should be in the account I gave them the number for in just a few days........;)