Idle HC's up

So the latest, there was a pinched wire on the injector harness, have no idea how that would dump all kinds of gas before blowing a fuse. But anyways, thats fixed, started, idles fine, after it blew out whatever gas was in the exhaust its not smoking either. Is a TT emissions chip idle in closed loop, the cross counts aren't barely moving, and my wideband O2 isnt doing much. Wideband shows 10.0:1-12.0-1, and leaned out max at 17.9, nothing in between (12.1-17.8) thinking that much gas in the exhaust fouled both my heated O2 and the wideband.

Yes it is a closed loop idle chip. Is yours going into closed loop? What is the BL and INT doing when in closed loop?
With a lean code I would suspect BL is pegged at 150. That would indicate a big vacuum leak. Make sure your static fuel pressure is set to 42psi.

Do you have a shop vac? Hook it up in revers to the intake pipe. Use soapy water in a spray bottle to check for leaks post throttle body. EGR gaskets are notorious for leaking.

You can do the same for exhaust leaks. Hook the vacuum to the tailpipe. If you have dual's, plug the other pipe with a towel or something. Check for pre turbo leaks on the headers.

Ideally you BL should be within 10 +/- of 128.

Last edited:
ok thanks. was wondering what state did emission testing, but did not care about EGR. (said he didn't have one)

Sorry I hadn't updated, it passed, but mostly cause the tech let me make changes while monitoring before he did the actual test. I had the fp down to 33#, left vacuum line off & had the translator + set at lean with retarded timing. Steve at Full Throttle tested/cleaned my 80# injectors and said one was flowing 15% more than the rest from idle to 3500rpms. Car is running fine now and hope that in two years it'll either be exempt or I'll live in the next county over