Idle always returns to 1600 after resetting IAC.

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
Hey guys. Last night i cranked the car to go eat after a 300 mile trip, and the idle went to 1600 steady. i drove it to eat(1 mile) at 45mph without my foot on the gas, like automatic cruise control, :D Anyway, i did the ALDL reset procedure with the IAC today - a total of 6 times. It acts normal, reset idle to 600, plug in IAC, reset TPS, etc. It runs and drives perfectly, until i try and restart it. when i restart it, it goes right back to 1600 again, and does this every time it is restarted until the IAC is reset again. Ive reset the computer as well when it starts up but has not reached 1600, and got the idle down to 1100 but thats all i can do.

Sounds like my IAC motor is sticking wide open or something. I reset it for the last time and left the sucker unplugged and im driving it like that for the rest of the day today until i can get this crap figured out. Its my daily driver so i would like to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help.

What is the IAC, TPS, and RPM reading on your scantool?

Not factory guage.

The chip sets the idle. That is, unless you turned the TB minimum air screw in a mile and/or have a vacuum leak?

Originally posted by HighPSI
Verify the coolant temp sensor is plugged in, too.

Thanks for letting me know that Cal. My coolant temp sensor wire disconnected recently. Funny it didnt do this earlier. That should be the cause, since there are no vacuum leaks or chip problems.

If it is of any help, here are the #s you asked for Razor.
IAC counts are unknown since i use Max effort and dont have it set for the tlink logic or whatever. TPS is .42. Idle after resetting is 650. Idle after restart is 1600 on the scantool and autometer tach. Of course if you think the factory guage is more accurate, it usually reads about 5K, lol. ;)

Thanks again for the help guys