Identifying Wires on a AC Delco Radio

HotAirWH1

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I want to a swap out a OEM radio on my 85 T so I purchased an AC Delco supposedly from a 87 GN. The wiring is a little different from the original. The Sticky in this forum is what my harness is color coded to.
I have some pic's of the wiring harness from the 87 radio and where it goes into the back of the radio. Can anyone correlate the color of wire to what speaker / antenna / power etc. these wires correspond to ???

Attachments

• Radio Wiring 3.jpg
    Radio Wiring 3.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Radio Wiring 4.jpg
    Radio Wiring 4.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Radio Wiring 1.jpg
    Radio Wiring 1.jpg
    978.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Radio Wiring 2.jpg
    Radio Wiring 2.jpg
    972.4 KB · Views: 69
I want to a swap out a OEM radio on my 85 T so I purchased an AC Delco supposedly from a 87 GN. The wiring is a little different from the original. The Sticky in this forum is what my harness is color coded to.
I have some pic's of the wiring harness from the 87 radio and where it goes into the back of the radio. Can anyone correlate the color of wire to what speaker / antenna / power etc. these wires correspond to ???

the 87 GN has the same connector as you're 85. alot of similar radios out there, the one you have had an adapter put on it to fit. below is the plug identification of the 87 GN, GND and +12 volt being on bottom and RR+ and RR- being at the top, just follow the wires from the adapter plug to the new plug to see the correlating function. the side two wire connector (OR & BR) was memory if i am not mistaken. the colors are different as it is the wire color of the adapter and not the buick color code. it may also have an antenna plug adapter as they switch from the bigger to the smaller around that time.