Ideal temps.+more boost=11.37

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
Hey turbov6joe, you gonna ever return that nitrous kit? its been a year!

No!

also, i heard you got your butt handed to you the other day:p

I wouldn't call getting your butt handed to ya when your on the guys door and pulling him. Hell, I lost, but not by much:)

Papa, i will take a XL t-shirt if you did what i heard you were going to do, or actually already did!:eek:

He came to turkey day with it on....gotta love it! I'm going to have some made for myself next year...want one of them also? Maybe you should order a XXL;)

Dang Joe you should have won that race, your Dad is gonna hold this over your head like a bag of Doritos over a fat chick after a 2 hour hunger strike!

Can't argue the loss, he one fair and square....well kinda....I let him win. Ya know these old guys need a stroke to their ego every now and again.

BW

Originally posted by eddc87
Bo, You are right on. There is no turbo for our cars that creates more heat than the stock one. With the addition of alcohol I believe this almost becomes a non-factor. The limiting factor becomes the amount of air that is available to be pumped thru the system. No matter what the temp. of the charge is you will only get so much air in because of the small intake opening. Turning up the boost now is not as counter-productive as it use to be. Cooling the intake charge is EVERYTHING.

Just for grins, I put the stock turbo, on a fully barrier coated +4.1L. I was changing from one set up to another, but I had to pull about 8d timing out to keep from hammering the knock sensor (vs the TA-62).

With a rather Micky Mouse set-up I had pasted together, I was eventually able to get the temps back with alky, but it was taking alot of alky to get them back in line.

While I haven't seen it happen, *yet*, there in theory is a point at which someone might get to saturating the charge air with moisture. I keep wondering how much fluid that will take thou. On the one pulling tractor, I help with, they blow a gal of water thur it in about 20 secs.......

Just a FWIW.

Originally posted by turbov6joe

No!

I wouldn't call getting your butt handed to ya when your on the guys door and pulling him. Hell, I lost, but not by much

He came to turkey day with it on....gotta love it! I'm going to have some made for myself next year...want one of them also? Maybe you should order a XXL
Can't argue the loss, he one fair and square....well kinda....I let him win. Ya know these old guys need a stroke to their ego every now and again.

LOL- so papa did have the shirt made up, Glad he went thru with it hahahahahah!
i dont need the XXL, you might after all those duncan donuts every morning:eek:

BW

" i dont need the XXL, you might after all those duncan donuts every morning:eek:"

Dang, that was cold.....my nuts hurt:)

whats up with the 2 star rating?

i voted it for a 5 TWICE:p

Ed, you going to the track this sunday? should be 50;)

BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.

Ed, you going to the track this sunday? should be 50;)

BW [/B]
Planning to do the lunch cruise Saturday and I wouldn't want to miss the Chiefs game on Sunday. Its the RAIDERS.

so 11.3 on alky and good tuning?

What computer was used here.

Yes I know this is a dead thread from the time of my first tour in iraq. Im thinking of experimenting with this setup on my s10.

so 11.3 on alky and good tuning?

What computer was used here.

Yes I know this is a dead thread from the time of my first tour in iraq. Im thinking of experimenting with this setup on my s10.

Looks like a stock computer with a Turbo Tweek chip, probably a stock MAF too.

I would say his results aren't typical of most stock motor/ stock turbo Buick owners. :cool: