Ideal temps.+more boost=11.37

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Ed, 60' is going to be very critical. I have gotten a best of 1.62 backed by a 1.64 but I know I need a little more to get the times I want. If it wasnt Thanksgiving this comming week, I would be at the track cause I am ready. I am attempting the fastest with ta49 turbo first, then I will see what I can do with the stock turbo.

Testing the integrity of the stock longblock on a 49 turbo is awsome and doing it with a stock turbo is even better. ;)

I really believe that the tune/chip/alky is the most important reasons our cars are so fast on little turbo's. From there is cheap tricks, good air days, sticky track and seat time.

Bo

Bo, Do you have a transbrake? This would help with your 60 ft. A 12-15 lb. launch would put you in the 1.5s. Another thing you might look into is the RJC boost controler. Your car will spool much faster. The time it takes to go from 5 to 25 lbs. is incredible. As long as you have tires enough your 60 ft. and 330 ft. will be quicker.

The first item on his list of mods would be a CASE or two of spark plugs....Fast Eddie is the only cat I know that changes his plugs after every round:) The second on his list is to make sure you have a bottle heater for the NOS.....dang...here I go again starting shi-ott! hehe.

For the record let it be known that Ed is NOT using NOS or any other power adder other than his stock turbo and alky. I meant the last post to be joke but see now that statement could very well be taken out of context by the doubting. I still stand by the statement about taking stock out in spark plugs though.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
I still stand by the statement about taking stock out in spark plugs though.

Thats no kidding.........Ed, buy them in bulk from me and Ill cut ya one heck of a deal ;)

Originally posted by 8UWITH6
Thats no kidding.........Ed, buy them in bulk from me and Ill cut ya one heck of a deal ;)

First of all they are Bichons and they are my wife's dogs.
Secondly, so I am a little obsessive-compulsive when it comes to spark plugs. They are cheap and easy to change. God knows that I have had plenty of practice. I am working on a quick disconnect system so I can change them while the car is running. Anybody interested?

ED-

you crack me up buddy-
since when did you like the 60ft? Lord knows i cant keep up with your car the way it sits, but damn,you keep changing that signature here on tb.com and i wont be able to keep up with you changing that either!

i noticed you need to change your profile, show us your age

:p

BW

Aint nothin wrong with changing plugs Eddie. I just do it after every night at the track........in other words, after a few passes, not one, lol!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
ED-

i noticed you need to change your profile, show us your age

Age?

Can't say for sure but I can remember when Big Daddy Don Garlits had two feet and Kieth Richards looked human.

Dammit ED we spoke about using quotes, get it right already!

always post before or after QUOTE, NOT IN THE MIDDLE!

now lets bust JR's balls, who runs N20 here in KC? :p

definitely not Fast Eddie Brewer, just the guy who bought my old TTA #14 :eek:

did i mention i had this entire week off? ohhh yeah!

BW

You won't find any naaws on my def ride:) Dang EB, pretty soon your going to have to have heli coils put in your heads because the threads for the plugs are smoof.

im sure Fast Eddie Brewer will make some quick release spark plugs in the near future!;)

when you gonna return my nawwws kit?

BW

NO NOS for fast Eddie Some Buick guys & myself were at KCIR the day Eddie ran his 11:37 & for sure it was just Cold air ,pump ga + Alky. Great Run.

NO NOS for fast Eddie Some Buick guys & myself were at KCIR the day Eddie ran his 11:37 & for sure it was just Cold air ,pump ga + Alky. Great Run.

NO NOS for fast Eddie Some Buick guys & myself were at KCIR the day Eddie ran his 11:37 & for sure it was just Cold air, pump gas + Alky. Great Run.
Eddie did I tell you that I Spanked turbojoe6 last Sunday at KCIR. It ready fells go when you can spank your son & get away with it. By the way thanks turbojoe6 for helping me tune the car.

If I had ANY idea what kind of grief helping to tune your car would bring me, I'd think twice about doing it again:) You'll know what's up when you go from 120 to 112 mph next time out...hehe.

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.

when you gonna return my nawwws kit?

BW

Hey turbov6joe, you gonna ever return that nitrous kit? its been a year!

also, i heard you got your butt handed to you the other day:p

Papa, i will take a XL t-shirt if you did what i heard you were going to do, or actually already did!:eek:

Dang Joe you should have won that race, your Dad is gonna hold this over your head like a bag of Doritos over a fat chick after a 2 hour hunger strike!

BW