Ideal temps.+more boost=11.37

Car has earned it.. take it to the spa.. shampoo the carpets, new seats..

Get the sunglasses out and cruise...

Until Bo gets an 11.36 :D

Originally posted by Razor

Ok.. whats next.. lets work on wheel and tire packages, a set of 1.65 roller rockers, wheel alignment, synthetic fluids in tranny and rear, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum pulleys, smaller/lighter L/U converter, put the car on a small diet...

10's here ya come :eek:

;)

I have a 62mm and a 65mm throttle body sitting on the shelf for Fast Eddie Brewer to test out- along with that would be a 23 row stretch, and some other go fast goodies:D

BW

Originally posted by eddc87
Julio, Is there something more going on with this alcohol system than we might be aware of? Or at least me. I went to the track today and the weather conditions were almost perfect. The temp. was 50 deg. all day and the humidity was between 50% and 60%. That was 15 deg. colder than last week and there was no head wind as there was then. This temp. allowed me to run an increase of boost to 26# in first and second and then it scaled back to 24#
in third. It makes me think that possibly the decrease in intake temps. at 90 deg. might be linear at 50 deg. also. Is that possible? Is the engine seeing maybe a 30 deg. intake charge with the alcohol? I may be in way over my head on this one. Anyway here are the results: 1.54 60 ft., 7.25@94.33, and 11.45@115.99. The second run netted a 1.50 60 ft., 7.17@94.77, and 11.37@116.35. Boy was that a ride. The last thing that was different was the installation of a RJC boost controller. That little piece of brass is unbelieveable. I thought my turbo spooled up fast but nothing like that. On the trans brake from 5# to 25# is almost uncontrolable. A different launching procedure will have to be learned.

That is the most impressive thing I have seen since I have been a member of this board. Awesome runs. :eek:

Its just to say it again. Alcy has moved the limits for us. For a couple of years ago was 12.2 a magic number for a stock turbo. Now it still a good number but as you all see a 11 can be done several times. 110-112 mph was the max speed, now we see 115-116... All these runs are made on alky.

Makes me wonder... someone told me a year ago that for a TA49 11.7 is the max. I would say a low 11 is reachable nowdays with a 49... someone that agree with me ?

If I only can tune my car in... 8.25 seems slow for my combo lol. Maybe I take Julio to Sweden next year. :)

Daniel

Its just to say it again. Alcy has moved the limits for us. For a couple of years ago was 12.2 a magic number for a stock turbo. Now it still a good number but as you all see a 11 can be done several times. 110-112 mph was the max speed, now we see 115-116... All these runs are made on alky.

Makes me wonder... someone told me a year ago that for a TA49 11.7 is the max. I would say a low 11 is reachable nowdays with a 49... someone that agree with me ?

If I only can tune my car in... 8.25 seems slow for my combo lol. Maybe I take Julio to Sweden next year. :)

Daniel

Originally posted by Swede2

Daniel

I think a TA49 may break into the 10's under the rite conditions. Bo went 11.6 at 24 PSI with a TA49 on a mild 60 foot in terrible weather and a not so stellar 60 foot.

I do make house calls :D

Fassssssssssssssssst Eddie...............going again sunday? Ill be there I think!

FASTEST STOCK TURBO TR IN THE WORLD has a certain "ring" to it. :D :D :D

INSANE!!!

Eddy, are you using a stock wastegate actuator?
You might want to consider going to an 18psi springed one to see if that boost will stay at 26psi for ya.

What ignition timing are you at, might want to consider upping it a tad since the outside temps have dropped.

Ever thought about getting a 3000 Precision Converter?
It has the most K factor out there and could probably drop off another tenth for you.

Are you using the new MT Street Drag Radials?

I am not ditching my TA49 till I pass 11.3 now;)

DSC_0221.jpg
[/IMG]

thats Eds car leaving on a 1.5 :D

Funny how you mentioned him getting a different convertor-
ive been talking him out of buying a Art Carr non lockup for a few months, i loaned him my RJC valve and hopefully thats the ticket.

47.00 is a whole lot bang for the buck verses buying a 650.00 convertor and 1/2 a day putting it in. Precision multdiscs are 1000.00? way too much money just for a tenth, plus changing launch technique with the non lockup Art Carr.

i still cant believe his car went 11.37 with the stock,turbo,heads,cam,throttle body,full hooker exhaust NOT dumped,AC blows cold and show winner at world of wheels :eek:

YOU DA MAN ED

BW

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER
INSANE!!!

Eddy, are you using a stock wastegate actuator?
You might want to consider going to an 18psi springed one to see if that boost will stay at 26psi for ya.

What ignition timing are you at, might want to consider upping it a tad since the outside temps have dropped.

Ever thought about getting a 3000 Precision Converter?
It has the most K factor out there and could probably drop off another tenth for you.

Are you using the new MT Street Drag Radials?

I am not ditching my TA49 till I pass 11.3 now;)

I am using a stock type HD wastegate actuator and a newly acquired RJC Boost Controler. I had done a considerable amount of converter research and what I decided was the best for my car was a Pat's 10" LU. That was before I used the RJC controler. That thing spools so fast that I will have to relearn my launching technique. This might take a while. After that I might want to reconsider a lighter and more efficient converter. Better 60 ft. and 1/8 mi.????? Lastly the tires that I use are Hoosier 26x10. These and the 9" ones were designed for the heavier cars such as ours. Hense you can run more air pressure and still get a complete footprint. This will allow more stability at speed.

I keep trying to come up with the words to tell you how impressed I am but really can't! I hope anyone with a stock car looks at what you've accomplished! GREAT JOB! I do have a question, is the alchy sys. set up "standard", do you spray alchy before the I/C or just where to run so much boost with the stock turbo?

Nozzle located in the standard location. That being the up-pipe that goes from the IC to the throttle body.

The alcohol cools the heat generated by the stock turbo.

Originally posted by Razor

The alcohol cools the heat generated by the stock turbo.

Like Razor said.

I'll elaborate:
Which allows you to run a small turbo, lower stall,no race gas, lower injecter DC, ......Like a domino effect. leaving money in your pocket for other things like slicks and suspension parts!

Bo

Congrat's to Razor & Edd for a super product & super job of making it work where it matters(timeslips talk,BS walks)! Great stuff guys!

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Like Razor said.

I'll elaborate:
Which allows you to run a small turbo, lower stall,no race gas, lower injecter DC, ......Like a domino effect. leaving money in your pocket for other things like slicks and suspension parts!

Bo

Bo, You are right on. There is no turbo for our cars that creates more heat than the stock one. With the addition of alcohol I believe this almost becomes a non-factor. The limiting factor becomes the amount of air that is available to be pumped thru the system. No matter what the temp. of the charge is you will only get so much air in because of the small intake opening. Turning up the boost now is not as counter-productive as it use to be. Cooling the intake charge is EVERYTHING.
Go for the 60 ft.

Ed, 60' is going to be very critical. I have gotten a best of 1.62 backed by a 1.64 but I know I need a little more to get the times I want. If it wasnt Thanksgiving this comming week, I would be at the track cause I am ready. I am attempting the fastest with ta49 turbo first, then I will see what I can do with the stock turbo.

Testing the integrity of the stock longblock on a 49 turbo is awsome and doing it with a stock turbo is even better. ;)

I really believe that the tune/chip/alky is the most important reasons our cars are so fast on little turbo's. From there is cheap tricks, good air days, sticky track and seat time.

Bo