ID my snail

GregInAtl

See attached pics, The A/R is .60, Its obv a garrett, but what is it a TE44? I thought they were usually .63s. Do you need to know what the specs are marked on the hot side?

Attachments

• T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 242
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 228
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 230
See attached pics, The A/R is .60, Its obv a garrett, but what is it a TE44? I thought they were usually .63s. Do you need to know what the specs are marked on the hot side?
Pull off the housings and measure the inducer of the wheels and post back. No way to id for sure by visual. The .60 is typical on an E cover and could be anything from a 34 up. The exhaust is a .63 Garrett which is good if this is a stock converter application. The exhaust a/r doesnt designate what the turbo may be though

it looks like you got poop skid marks all over the driveway:eek: :eek:
Sorry, poop will always be funny to me. And sorry for the totally useless post.:D

it looks like you got poop skid marks all over the driveway:eek: :eek:
Sorry, poop will always be funny to me. And sorry for the totally useless post.:D

HAHA, you are close, dirt impreginated fiberglass resin is all over my place...I am always building something...but usually w/o wrenches.

Pull off the housings and measure the inducer of the wheels and post back. No way to id for sure by visual. The .60 is typical on an E cover and could be anything from a 34 up. The exhaust is a .63 Garrett which is good if this is a stock converter application. The exhaust a/r doesnt designate what the turbo may be though

The compressor inducer aka minor diameter on the wheel?!

Look for engraved part numbers on the compressor cover discharge, typically on the bottom side underneath where the hose would cover when installed.

And one last method, unbolt the compressor cover backing plate clamps and tell us what number you see behind those clamps.
Should say CCE_ _

If that fails, you will have to measure the wheels inducer and exducers to know for certain.
With it having a Garrett turbine housing, and billet backing plate with PTE compressor cover, it might be a turbo from Limit Engineering, but not 100% sure. I can say that 99% of the Buick 3-bolt turbos that left PTE all had PTE turbine housings installed.

Let us know.

Patrick

Looks close to a TE-44 to me. I just dismantled one out in my buddy's shop. Has a .63A/R turbine and .60A/R compressor. Inducer diameter was 58mm. Didnt think to measure the turbine wheel. Only engraved numbers I saw were on the compressor backing plate behind the wheel.