IAC #'s

Or maybe set the minimum air rate the right way per the factory service manual using a tach.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've never been able to get my tps over 4 volts. I've pulled it forward, backwards, upside down (j/k). I've done everything except filing the bracket to get more space to move it. Steve Wood's website says 4 volts is sufficient so that is where I left it. This has been with 2 or 3 tps sensors over the years. They were all GM sensors.

I've never been able to get my tps over 4 volts. I've pulled it forward, backwards, upside down (j/k). I've done everything except filing the bracket to get more space to move it. Steve Wood's website says 4 volts is sufficient so that is where I left it. This has been with 2 or 3 tps sensors over the years. They were all GM sensors.

hmmmm...I find that moving the top of the sensor affects the idle tps volts and moving the bottom of the sensor affects the wot tps volts more. Did you start with the sensor moved all the way forward after getting your throttle blade screw and iac numbers where you want them? If it's all the way forward, this should give you maximum wot volts and then you just need to tip the top of the sensor back until you get the correct idle tps volts. HTH; it worked for me anyway. As long as your ecm goes into power enrichment though, you should be fine.

Actually I think I got 4.01....I'll try your way if I get motivated to play with it again. Thanks Mateo.

Rick you should have said something when I was over there last fall. I could have helped you out. I played this game myself. It can really be a PITA!

Sure! When were you thinking? You can PM me the dates and I'll give you my phone #. Will you be driving a moving truck?

We hired movers. I'll either be in my TR or my 300C. Should be the last week in July. 29th, 30th, 31st.

Yeah I tried everything. Haven't really thought about it for a couple years now! I'm sure Mateo will figure it out for me. I think 4.01 is ok though.

That worked by adjusting the blade more open and resetting the TPS while turned off. I was making the adjustments while it was running.
If you adjust it while running,the computer will see the rpm increase and close the IAC to bring the idle down. Running or not,if you open the air valve with the idle stop screw,the IAC number will fall which is a reflection of the position of the IAC valve. The more it closes,the lower the number. The more it opens,the higher the number.