I wrecked my GN at the drag-strip!

1badwe4, did you read the entire thread before you started to type? I dont know how you could have after reading what you just wrote...

I also wanted to add that I've very proud to be a member of this site. There have been very generous offers sent to me via PM and email that I appreciate very much. Someone even offered a hood for 50 bucks, and a free fender in good shape! I'm also very fortunate to have just started a new car club in which some members work at a body shop as very good body men. They are going to help with the prep and paint. In all, this whole situation could have been a lot worse.

Thanks,

James

James sorry to hear about the car . It doesnt sound that bad to me . I would just fix it an chaulk it up to experiance .... Otherwise you may stir up more trouble than what its worth . Court ???? To me a waste of time . If the guy has nothing you loose an if he does an you win he can take 10 years to pay ya . def sucks but hey life goes on right ??!!:D good luck !!

Well after reading this i feel terrible i know what its like one time i was paying for gas only putting in 5 bucks i didn't even need the gas just hate running around a quarter tank, so as i was in the middle of saying 5 on pump 3 i hear a slip of the tires and smack smack i look outside and see my car is shifted from the original spot where i put it and a SUV jumping off the curb and bolting i run out and the suv is gone i look at my car header panel,front bumper, fender, bezel, lights,rear quarter , rear bumper all gone. $1900.00 in damage and all out of my pocket of course nobody saw nothing and i didn't see the plate number, my point is you take risks everyday regardless if it is at the track or not the only difference is when you go to the track its expected. i say try to find the guy speak to him see what he says maybe he will throw you some bucks, dont claim it with the insurance company no offense to anybody but they suck, and they WILL drop you, Jaysgn.com and kirban have nice body parts if you cant find certain stuff thats where i got my parts, oh and i switched to a fiberglass front bumper and love it:) would like to see the pics and video if you get to post them.

My dad just warned me not too long ago that our cars aren't covered if i wreck at the track. He was curious as to why the tracks didn't sell like cheap insurance policies to racers when you go to the track. That would be a good source of money.

I have never seen a track not tech cars if it was a sanctioned track. The NHRA might like to know about it and it has been a while since I have been to the track as a racer but a reverse lockout was mandatory on any car to prevent just such an idiot result.

I think this track might be liable....are you a member of the NHRA as they offer some kind of race car coverage as well.

i remember james saying it was a pro mod nova. it was just a slow old nova with a moron at the wheel. . sorry the car had that much damage, it was way worse than i thought. glad your ok, it can be fixed and you will be back having fun in no time. good luck..

Dude that is really sad..

You go to have a nice time and this happens. :(

If Bruce will do it and make this a sticky, I would be willing to start a donation by giving you $100.00 and any parts I may have laying around that you can use.

Very unfortunate and this if any of a time is when the board needs to come together to help out a fellow Buick brother.

Let me know how I can help. :)

Originally posted by bishir
1badwe4, did you read the entire thread before you started to type? I dont know how you could have after reading what you just wrote...

I was thinking the same thing, and will add DO NOT BE BULLIED, nice guys finish last - believe me I know how it hurts.

I also wanted to add that I've very proud to be a member of this site. There have been very generous offers sent to me via PM and email that I appreciate very much. Someone even offered a hood for 50 bucks, and a free fender in good shape! I'm also very fortunate to have just started a new car club in which some members work at a body shop as very good body men. They are going to help with the prep and paint. In all, this whole situation could have been a lot worse.

Thanks,
James [/B]

This site never fails to amaze me - the people here are the best!

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
Blown&Injected - thats just dumb claims people... actuaries have to be VERY VERY smart they dont deal with that menial stuff lol....

However, one thing to note, that "waiver" you sign when you walk/drive into a place or race track in reality, You can sue em anyway, AND WIN. Its an exculpatory clause, and its done to discourage lawsuits, and is perfectly legal, and some judges will uphold it, especially if you do something stupid. BUT in reality you can still sue, and if you can prove they were negligent you can win too.

Yeah it was minor, even with the other damage. Minor enough that I would have paid for my share of the damage myself.

Also, very good point about the waivers! So many believe even if the organization is negligent, they have no recourse because of that wavier. We are all entitled to competent service. When we park in a garage, we accept the responsibility, but we also expect that the garage was built properly!

Well,

I wonder why we even pay for insurance? Isn't it because if something happens to the insured item you can get it fixed or replaced?

Anyway, I filled a claim with Allstate. Old lady hit me (wifes '92 Volvo 240), we went to the drive in claim thing. $500 deductable, $590 damage, allstate gives up a check for $90. Confused and bewildered my wife and I drive away. Next day called allstate and said "she hit us, why am I paying for this" Needless to say we jhad to do all the leg work and got the car fixed under the lady's insurance. AND we got a brand new Volvo S70 to drive. Did I mention we dropped Allstate?

Was his car street legal? He lost control and you did everything in you power to stop in time right?

I think it can be done through insurance but it wil be tough.

Ouch, that sucks. Any new news about the Nova? I would definitely sue him. How long have you been with State Farm? I've been arguing with Geico over my GN lately (insurance company for the other guy) and he told me that sometimes they cover people that they really don't have to simply since they're long term customers. They'd rather cover your $3,000 crash then lose you after 10 years.

I'm getting my car redone in a month and may replace my headlight bezels. If I do, you're welcome to my old ones for free...they're fine, just need a repaint.

Originally posted by BlownZ
I have never seen a track not tech cars if it was a sanctioned track. The NHRA might like to know about it and it has been a while since I have been to the track as a racer but a reverse lockout was mandatory on any car to prevent just such an idiot result.

I think this track might be liable....are you a member of the NHRA as they offer some kind of race car coverage as well.

Actually column shifters do have a reverse lockout, you must pull it toward you to go into reverse. It is legal in the NHRA, it is just too easy to misuse that it shouldn't be allowed for any car that is shifted manually though.

Sorry to hear about all this, it may be cheaper in the long run to fix it yourself than to deal with state fraud and have to look for another insurance company (even though I would if I had SF).

Allstate loves my family, we have 9 cars on it. our deductible is $50 haha. when my car got stolen we got a check from allstate then after the guys trial i got a $50 check in his name from the district att.

so sue me.....:rolleyes: