I thought my MAF readings would be halved w/ T+

Crazy D

Resident Madcap
I just had my first scan tool reading since my T+/LS1MAF/Extender chip upgrade. My MAF # at idle was 4, occasionally dipping to 3. It was my understanding this number would be 2. Could this be a result of not getting the right data stream w/ the chip? I specified low-speed (Z I believe), but instead got stock.

My idle's thru the roof for some reason as well, 1000, we'll get that turned down. I'm gonna go take an easy spin around the block now, just wanted to get this question out there.

Do you have your Translator box set to "extender" chip mode?

I think switch 3 should be "off"....tells it not to limit the MAF reading since you have an Extender chip.

John

Yup, 3 is to off. Still at 3gr at startup. When I lowered my RPM's it threw my TPS low, but I didn't realize it before I got going so I have some Tlink files I haven't even looked at yet. But I can to see what my MAFs pegged at, if that matters. I do know it is moving up, I glanced at a 128 at cruise.

Hang on now....what do you mean by you lowering your RPM's. The idle RPM is controlled by the chip. You aren't messing with the minimum air screw on the driver's side of the throttle body are you?

If you move the min air screw it will mess up both your idle TPS settings and your idle IAC #'s.

It sounds like you have the Trans+ box set right. Depending on your idle RPM's the MAF numbers may be 3 or 4 (double that to 6 or 8 w/o extender). If your car idles high at 900 RPM it may drive the MAF #'s at idle up to 6-8 gps. "Normal" idle with the Extender is 750-800 RPM after the car is warmed up.

When the car is warmed up, what are your idle IAC / TPS / BLM / INT / RPM / MAF numbers?

Also make sure your scantool (turbolink) is set to stock ALDL datastream if that's what the Extender chip was programmed to.

John

Originally posted by Crazy D
Yup, 3 is to off. Still at 3gr at startup. When I lowered my RPM's it threw my TPS low, but I didn't realize it before I got going so I have some Tlink files I haven't even looked at yet. But I can to see what my MAFs pegged at, if that matters. I do know it is moving up, I glanced at a 128 at cruise.

Your MAF readings are good. 3 doubled is 6 actual which is what it should be.

Now, as far as "adjusting your idle", you can't. There are NO idle rpm adjustment provisions on the turbo motor. There is a minimum air bleed screw (which many confuse as an idle rpm adjustment) which is used to set up minimum air bleed and get the IAC set properly.
You need to adjust that screw back to where it was and shoot for IAC's of between 10-30, and reset your idle TPS to .38-.42

IF you are still reading full MAF and not 1/2 MAF, try resetting the ECM by unplugging it for a few seconds. (ECM power feed by the battery)

Mine did not read 1/2 MAF until I reset the ECM.