I saw a GN in a movie...isnt that cool?

madhat

I've never seen True Lies mentioned as a movie w/ a turbo buick in it. Well, I was watching part of it the other night and as teh governator is on horseback chasing the terrorist into the hotel, there is a TB turning the corner in the shot just a few secs before they enter. My wife actually noticed the lights and said hey! and we rewond(rewinded) it and saw the power bulge. Saw a GN in some Whoopie Goldberg movie too...my wife says it was a basketball movie...just looked it up...Eddie.

There is a GN in an eposode of Walker, Texas Ranger. I cant stand that show, but I happen to flip on it. It starts with two bank robbers in the bank, they get the money, run out side and jump in a GN! My mouth hit the ground! :eek: They take off and you can hear the turbo as they fly down the street. I'll have to watch True Lies again, I don't remember seeing it.

the whoopi goldberg movie was fatal beauty. Sam Elliott actually drove the car and according to legend that was his own car.

really? I'll have to see those, my Whoopie movie just shows an over head shot, its not driven by a character

Menace to Society and also Above the law with( one of the SS movies i know for sure) Steven Sigal.

The whoopie movie is "Eddie". They do a sky shot of NY and you can see a GN on one of the streets.

oneshot said:
Menace to Society and also Above the law with( one of the SS movies i know for sure) Steven Sigal.
in stevens "above the law" movie the producers must not of liked the true power sound of the gn because as it takes off in the garage its definately not the sound of no turbo 6,but one of a small block recording....its funny to think of when they decided to use it..."man thats one mean looking car and its really that fast?"and as they take off,very quite,little whistle sound..back then they were probably confussed..so after a few shots and thought :confused: they went to the noisy rumble sound substitute...hmmmm who noticed that one :biggrin: ??tr owners...lol..

kh440 said:
the whoopi goldberg movie was fatal beauty. Sam Elliott actually drove the car and according to legend that was his own car.

I remember that movie. Sam was pretty cool in that movie... MUST HAVE been the GN :cool: RESCUE ME had a episode with Dennis Leary polishing his GN. :cool:

Have you guys seen the new Disney movie Car's commercials playing on TV? One of them has a green stock car that is dancing around. The car is a turbo buick....it has the correct grill and a power bulge hood. Thought you all would get a kick out of it.

im almost positive that the gn? in the movie, 'menace 2 society' was actually a we-4 as it doenst have the ' 3.8 sfi turbo' badges on the hood and on the interior shots, the interior seems to be all grey :biggrin: :biggrin: and a little fact about that, they are listening to ' al green, love and happiness' great song :biggrin: :biggrin:

any other buicks in movies? i know in road house ole pat was driving a late 60's era rivi

buickbert

Not a movie, but the beginning of David Spade's new show on Comedy Central has him driving one in the show's opening. It has an A-pillar gauge too :)

my wife was saying that the green car in cars was a TB - went to the site to try to see it, but I never got a very good shot of it.

Ok got a good look at it - front is kind of like an early TB w/ the power bulge and grille, but the back end says Monte to me and its powered by a "big V8" :(

tommynos said:
in stevens "above the law" movie the producers must not of liked the true power sound of the gn because as it takes off in the garage its definately not the sound of no turbo 6,but one of a small block recording....its funny to think of when they decided to use it..."man thats one mean looking car and its really that fast?"and as they take off,very quite,little whistle sound..back then they were probably confussed..so after a few shots and thought :confused: they went to the noisy rumble sound substitute...hmmmm who noticed that one :biggrin: ??tr owners...lol..
i think the movie im talking about was his third movie ,"out for justice",not "above the law".. :confused:...everything after was terrible..

I happened to turn around and just catch a guy in a GN running over a kid on a skate board or something like that in the movie "species" the other night. Shows him stopping after he hits him, then floors it and off he went. Would have to be a 84-86 GN because of grill I think. Pretty good up-close shots because I remember seeing how badly paint chipped the front end was.

Out For Justice

tommynos said:
i think the movie im talking about was his third movie ,"out for justice",not "above the law".. :confused:...everything after was terrible..

Anyone here know why Richie did Bobby Loopo????
One of my all time favorite movies.
Now I have to que it up and check that audio patch. Thought I heard the turbo.

Hold the presses

Thats a GNX! They did dub in a crappy v8. Sounds like the the air cleaner is fliped over on a 77 Caprice.

There was a WE4 in a life time original movie with Powers Boothe called Wild Card. It was a T top car Did anyone else see it? They beat the car to hell then fixed it.

Rick87GN said:
Thats a GNX! They did dub in a crappy v8. Sounds like the the air cleaner is fliped over on a 77 Caprice.

In 'out for justice' they say it is a GNX but when you see it, it has the GN badges and looks like a regular GN. WHen it takes off in the garage and they have the rear shot of it you can see it get squirrely but the engine sound they dubbed over is awful.

Out for Justice with Steven Segal, has a lot of great shots with a Grand National.