I need a new GOOD chainsaw..which is the best..

Well it says manufactured in the USA with foreign and domestic components...….

Maybe it was assembled here and the spark plug is the (made in USA) component;)
The good saws still had the engines made in VA iirc. We still make spark plugs here!!!

I had to clear a bunch of trees when we bought this house. I bought a PoulanPro 5020AV. It is heavy but it is a great homeowner saw. You won't be using it on a ladder much unless you have Popeye arms or just need to do one quick trim and are not tired going in. Seriously the thing weighs just under 20lbs. But it is Husqvarna built and it is pretty easy to start as well as take apart for cleaning. It also comes with a fair quality case, not great but good enough. But for $180 you could do alot worse. After dropping 40 trees of various size (a couple were 60' tall and 18" diameter) I definitely got my money out of it and then some. It comes with a built-in wrench in the handle that is super handy and it has a chain brake.

It needs a few accessories and tweaks to make it more usable:
1. Buy a medium-use chisel chain or two, 72LPX070G. The safety chain it comes with is terrible.
2. Use 89 octane gas (ethanol blend is fine as long as you drain it and run the saw out of fuel when you are done).
3. Buy the $15 tuning screwdriver on eBay for adjusting the carb (it is a tube that is serrated on the inside). You can get it to run and idle better. A pro will have a clamp-on tachometer but I just tuned it by ear without over-revving which can be catastrophic.
4. Buy the Walmart Bar and Chain oil. This saw blubbers chain oil in a big way. In fact only let it idle in the grass, not on your driveway unless you want to cleanup the Valdez.
5. Buy the $30 Harbor Freight chain saw chain sharpener. It is easy to use. Most places charge $15 to sharpen a chain so this pays for itself quick. After 10 minutes, you will be sharpening like a pro. It can be clamped to a workbench. This is the key to this saw - a sharp chain so you aren't leaning on it to cut.

Definitely, a sharp chain cuts with no effort. The chips should be good size. If it spits out power size dust its dull. Long noodle type chips are a good sign!

From the number of replies it looks like chainsaws generate more interest than Buicks. lol.

well its one thing I am confident talking about , LOL like you guys and car stuff , but im still learning everyday , just want to help guys out !!!

well its one thing I am confident talking about , LOL like you guys and car stuff , but im still learning everyday , just want to help guys out !!!
When we stop learning, the alternative isn't that pleasant, if ya know what I mean.

After 2 hours of non stop cutting with the Stihl I can offer a preliminary opinion. I hate to admit it but the Husqvarna has the Stihl beat in a few areas.

Both saws cut about the same however IMO the Husqvarna starts better (when running correctly), more comfortable to use (less vibration/ better feel in general ), appears to use less fuel than the Stihl and placement of the controls are more user friendly.

There are a couple of quirks in the design of the Stihl, one is how the hot exhaust exits and hits the plastic case. It's already started to bister and discolor the case.

It did finish the job so I'll have to get over the other stuff...

The screwdriver is pointing to the burned area

IMG_20190715_095322658.jpg

Shouldn't the exhaust come out of the 3 louvers above that area? Blown exhaust gasket?
The louvered piece is an overlay of the muffler. It's leaking just behind the louver. It's most likely spot welded in place and leaking between the welds

After 2 hours of non stop cutting with the Stihl I can offer a preliminary opinion. I hate to admit it but the Husqvarna has the Stihl beat in a few areas.

Both saws cut about the same however IMO the Husqvarna starts better (when running correctly), more comfortable to use (less vibration/ better feel in general ), appears to use less fuel than the Stihl and placement of the controls are more user friendly.

There are a couple of quirks in the design of the Stihl, one is how the hot exhaust exits and hits the plastic case. It's already started to bister and discolor the case.

It did finish the job so I'll have to get over the other stuff...
My gosh, someone could give you a million dollars in hundred dollar bills and you'd complain they weren't twenties. lol, lol.

My gosh, someone could give you a million dollars in hundred dollar bills and you'd complain they weren't twenties. lol, lol.

Saws weren't free and 10-15 pulls to start wouldn't make anyone happy

Neighbor bought a new Stihl a few years ago and had the same hard start problem. Was one of the cheaper chink made ones. He had to take it back a couple of times and got things ironed out. He heats 95% with wood from his acreage so he should of went first class.

Once it's started it will stay running. It floods on initial start up and after refueling.

Cold, hot, choke no choke it didn't matter.

Had to pull the plug and dry it on every restart.

or your choke is not operating correctly , brand new saw shouldn't have any fuel line issues but who knows , definitely not right to have that aggravation

Go with Stihl, use non ethanol gas, and their are two different chains, one has a yellow dot and the other orange, dont remember which is which but one comes without the dragons tooth and cuts better, but is more prone to kick up.

well all you pickle sniffers can come get some try out your saws and ill give you some tips LOL !! DORIAN on its way
10 creek course drive palm coast FL 32137