I need a 84-85 TPS

Tps Sensor

Find a Tomco retailer somewhere in your area they make the stock replacement. Or get an 86-87 tps and wire it in reverse.

While doing my hot-air build-up, I decided to replace all my sensors. I'm running the '86-'87 ECM, stock chip, and harness. I ordered the TPs from GM Parts Direct using the '86-'87 parts list off the www.gnttype.org-- P/N 25036663. Since it's an '86-'87, and my wiring is also those years, I should be good to go without revrse wiring, right?

Thanks,
Dave

Not excactly !!! Only if you have an 86-87 wiring harness. If not the sensor is wired in the way it was meant to work, in reverse order.

I appreciate all of your offers, but after looking at the stock replacement for $136, I did some digging and found that the Holley Projection setup uses a comparable one for $36 through Summit Racing. It's on the way.

Thanks again, Brew

I'm using an '86-'87 harness. So am I OK?

boostmaster said:
Not excactly !!! Only if you have an 86-87 wiring harness. If not the sensor is wired in the way it was meant to work, in reverse order.

Tps Sensor

V6VEGA -YES!!
MONGOOSE- As I stated earlier Tomco has the exact replacement for less than 30 bucks, but since you already have one on the way no biggie many other people on here have used the holley one also.

boostmaster said:
V6VEGA -YES!!
MONGOOSE- As I stated earlier Tomco has the exact replacement for less than 30 bucks, but since you already have one on the way no biggie many other people on here have used the holley one also.
boostmaster, i am too in need of a TPS. does Tomco have a website i can purchase it from? if so, could you direct me to it, or to a vendor that sells them? thanks

jegs or summit carries these. i got one from jegs my self when i had my 84 engine and it worked great, made by holly don't remember the pn though...