I just stopped a robbery!

jdpolzin

Man my heart is pounding and i cant sleep so I figured i might as well tell my story. I was on the phone outside with mmy dog and noticed 4 black guys (not being racial but thats what they were!) park in front of my house and walked up the road and around the corner. Well, it was dark and I heard fenses rattling so i turned my back light on and grabbed a golf club and my phone and ran to the neighbors house to tell him to turn his light on as well. I tood in his back yard and saw the guys lay on the ground every time a car went by so I knew something was up. I was about 20 feet from them and they didnt hear me. Then I heard them beating on the dorr of the house so I called 911. They kept beating on the back door then about 18 cops showed up and the guys took off running. By then the whole neighborhood was outside and different people were yelling saying they were in their back yards. One guy came running down the street towards their van so I ran out and hit him with the golf club on his knees. He got back up and got in the van and took off. They got him down the street and the other cops were chasing the others. They got one of them in a backyard and had to use the tazor on him so an ambulance and fire truck showed up. Then one of them ran through my back yard but I didnt have the golf club so I didnt persue him. Well, now there are still two of them out in the neighborhood and I cant sleep. The news came and wanted to interveiw me but i said no because I didnt want to later become a target if they decide to come back. Now the news is outside and the cops are all over the neighborhood. WHAT A CRAZY NIGHT. they had the street blocked off for about an hour and theres still about 10 cop cars out in front of my house. :eek: I just hope they dont come back later and try to shoot me or rob my house. --------Jeremy

go buy a gun before you do that again, hitting that guy in the knees could have been the last thing you ever swing at.

After being hit in the knee by a golf club, I don't think they'll be back. I sure wouldn't! If the cops got at least one of the suspects, they'll get him to rat out his other partners. They'll have all of the suspect's information, so I doubt they'll ever think about coming around your neighborhood again. Good job being vigilant and looking out and being able to spot suspicious activity going on.

Wow sounds like you had a crazy night! Good job picking up on them, I'm sure the person who's house was going to be hit is happy with you.

You did the right thing brother. Too many people nowadays turn their backs and mind their own business and it seems nobody cares anymore. I wish I had a neighbor like you who actually gives a damn!!! It took a lot of guts to do what you did, I don't know how smart it was to confront those guys when you could have been shot or stabbed, but it certainly took a lot of guts. And most importantly... you lived to tell about it. This world needs more people like you, people who won't just stand by and let bad things happen to good people. You may have just prevented a Rape or Murder from occurring. My hat is off to you sir, job well done!!! :cool:

Some day, those morons will beat on the wrong door, and will be on the receiving end of a 12 ga blast.. Like at my house!!:biggrin:

In Ga, if you are under attack, you now have the right to "shoot first"....No more jumping out of a 3rd story window, to escape. Now, you can escape by stepping over the body...Way it should have been from the beginning!:cool:

Just curious......what was your club choice when thwarting B&A?

I typically choose the 9 iron, but a rescue wedge would take out a kneecap and you wouldn't have to lay up.

Some day, those morons will beat on the wrong door, and will be on the receiving end of a 12 ga blast.. Like at my house!!:biggrin:

In Ga, if you are under attack, you now have the right to "shoot first"....No more jumping out of a 3rd story window, to escape. Now, you can escape by stepping over the body...Way it should have been from the beginning!:cool:

couldnt agree more. i wish that was the case around here. the law seems to protect the criminals.
btw. jdpolzin nice work

All it takes for evil to grow is for good men to do nothing.

You'e a good man, charlie brown!! What's better is that the entire neighborhood got involved to flush out those characters!

Next time, I'd grab the 9mm driver and reach out and touch them.......

couldnt agree more. i wish that was the case around here. the law seems to protect the criminals.
btw. jdpolzin nice work

Yep! Here in Orange County, CA you would have been charged with assault & Battery from the District Attorney for hitting him with that golf club. Anyway they can make $$$$. :mad:

I caught some 12yr old kid keying my 87 GN :mad: I detained him and called the cops! " I yelled and screamed at him" but never lade a hand on him, he's a 12yr old. The kids Mom comes "White Trash" and takes him before the cops could get there. I knew he was a Minor so I let her take him. The cop's showed up and said it's good you let him go, you can't detain a minors. I filed a report, we drove over where this kid lived in the neighborhood and nobody was home. The cops said don't worry we'll get him. :rolleyes: The next day a detective is at my front doorstep with papers me against the state of CA. for assault & Battery. I fought back and forth with the court for 6 weeks. They finally said pay $100.00 to the Victim's Witness Program and will drop all charges. So I did! I was done going back and forth. I never knew what happened to the kid. But I did got threatened by is father 4 months later after he got out of prison. :mad: I lived in a bad area.

Good Job Jeremy

Hey are you sure that no one slid in the trunk of your car before you left the Chicago area Saturday?

Prasad

Great job!

Aim HIGHER next time, or swing an aluminum Little League Bat instead... :cool:

Thanks guys!!! In the midst of running around after the morons, I lost the club so I dont really know what kind of shape it's in but i'm sure it's bent because i hit him as hard as i could and the head hit him square in the right knee. the neighborhood is definately strong and it showed last night. Everybody was out chasing the bastards down. It was hard to sleep last night but the Police called me and said that they searched the entire neighborhood and they couldnt find the other two so he expected they were long gone. The funny thing is, I just went over to look at the house in broad daylight and didnt realize that I was a lot closer to them than I thought. they were probably abou 12-15 feet from me. they found a hat, a shoe, and a burning cigarette over there as well as the van so they have some good evidence to prosecute the two of them. The only thing is, will they be able to charge them with robbery since they didnt make it into the house?

I'd love to see a pic of that guys knee cap! I bet that hurt like crazy!

I'd love to see a pic of that guys knee cap! I bet that hurt like crazy!

should have been his face, or his jewels and his spine, degenerate low-lives. dont mind me but hearing this kind of thing enrages me. i have to work for a living. what makes these heartless maggotts feel they dont.:mad: