I have a true story to tell. How I lost my GN @ Gbodyparts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on in the thread I expressed my position on this situation. I decided to stay quiet since I am a moderator but I am biased. I have good reason to be. I've been knowing Clay for around 10 years. Clay is a guy that always offered his help to others and has helped me out several times in the past. People that know him personally can vouch for him. There are several vendors that he has dealt with and I'm sure they'd vouch for him as well. There are several people in the Buick community that know him from The Nats and other events.
Personally I've known about the ordeal since it happened and I immediately thought he needed to go public with it. Clay on the other hand said he would give gbodyparts every chance to make it right without posting this on the forum. As far as I'm concerned he did. This needed to come out. Even if Clay gets nothing (which is all he has) out of it, at least people will know what happened. He's stated from the time he told me about this is all he wanted was his car back. Nothing more. Not trying to gain anything other than getting back what he brought to gbodyparts in the first place.

This happened under gbodyparts' care. The two parties involved agreed on the repair that needed to be done.

I'm no investigator, just looking at this with common sense. Here's my take.

There was a lot of "hot work" needed to make this repair. Cutting, grinding, welding would be considered hot work. Now when doing hot work there's alway a potential for a fire, right? Well low and behold when least expected the interior catches on fire. After a lot of hot work. But mind you, this car has been driven over 700 miles to KY the and even more to NC. But mind you, after being driven that far, without any electrical issues, it catches on fire in the shop minutes after being welded on. Really?? Come on.

Bottom line here is any work being done under a shop's care should be the responsibility of the shop. I don't care if its a law or not, it's about having character and doing the right thing.

If either Shane or Jay has an issue with my stance on this being a moderator, oh well. I had to post my view. Clay is a friend and has never done me wrong and does not deserve this. I'm done posting and I hope the right thing gets done.

You will get the horns like I did.

Bull ?, lol, you don't look like much to me Brian Weaver. You look more like a little tulip.

Joe
Make one more post in this thread and I will personally remove you. You haven't added anything here but more crap talking. Post one more letter in this thread. I am trying to be fair to both parties and let them handle it. Jerks with unnecessary comments like yours are the reason threads like this get closed....

We all have opinions. No more crap needs to be slung....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok I just finished reading all your different responses.
I don't have a sister. No one sent you anything claiming to be my sister. What I did request was your insurance information. You refused to provide it. I didn't see the need to have a second opinion or evaluation of the incident because the original one works for me. The work I did to my car was what you instructed me to do. You said numerous times that you'd had fixed roofs in worse shape than mine. You had me snipping metal from parts cars to weld in place of rusty metal you grinded out of my car. At no point did you encounter anything and say that it couldn't be fixed. You reassured me that you had it in hand. If the job was to much for you then you should not have taken it. In our early emails I was asking if you had a rolling chassis that I could transfer everything over too. You told me that you could save my car and that it wouldn't be necessary to swap over. I have the emails. Other than helping you the only other thing I did to my car was put my bumper reinforcements in. The only reason I did that was because one of your employees had taken them and started installing them in bumpers you had in your inventory. I'm not claiming he tried to steal them, he didn't know they weren't yours. It was easier to just install them than to try to store them in the car somewhere/somehow or have that keep happening with your different employees. Yes my car had a nice stereo but I didn't install it in your shop. I did not work on wiring or anything other than what I've stated here. Bumper reinforcements and everything else you instructed me to do.

Charlie this was never meant as an attack on you. You told me to ignore I said if he did I would respond.

Ok I just finished reading all your different responses.
I don't have a sister. No one sent you anything claiming to be my sister. What I did request was your insurance information. You refused to provide it. I didn't see the need to have a second opinion or evaluation of the incident because the original one works for me. The work I did to my car was what you instructed me to do. You said numerous times that you'd had fixed roofs in worse shape than mine. You had me snipping metal from parts cars to weld in place of rusty metal you grinded out of my car. At no point did you encounter anything and say that it couldn't be fixed. You reassured me that you had it in hand. If the job was to much for you then you should not have taken it. In our early emails I was asking if you had a rolling chassis that I could transfer everything over too. You told me that you could save my car and that it wouldn't be necessary to swap over. I have the emails. Other than helping you the only other thing I did to my car was put my bumper reinforcements in. The only reason I did that was because one of your employees had taken them and started installing them in bumpers you had in your inventory. I'm not claiming he tried to steal them, he didn't know they weren't yours. It was easier to just install them than to try to store them in the car somewhere/somehow or have that keep happening with your different employees. Yes my car had a nice stereo but I didn't install it in your shop. I did not work on wiring or anything other than what I've stated here. Bumper reinforcements and everything else you instructed me to do.
You did no work on the wiring? What did you install behind the glove box? What type of light was installed under the hood & ty-wrapped from an un fused wired to a Cruise cable? How did flames come out from under the hood if I was welding a roof? Why was the paint on the bottom of the throttle body linkage burnt off & the jackets of the cable burnt off but not melted from flames? Yet the mid to top of the linkage arm the paint was fine? The person who submitted being your lawyer was Leandre Millet. My lawyer still has a copy of the letter.

Don't attack me Brian, and I understand you're upset. This is why I said every one else needs to stay out of it. I'm not on anyone's side here and I don't get paid to do it. I'm just trying to help you get this resolved to some degree for the best results.
Charlie this was never meant as an attack on you. You told me to ignore I said if he did I would respond.

Early on in the thread I expressed my position on this situation. I decided to stay quiet since I am a moderator but I am biased. I have good reason to be. I've been knowing Clay for around 10 years. Clay is a guy that always offered his help to others and has helped me out several times in the past. People that know him personally can vouch for him. There are several vendors that he has dealt with and I'm sure they'd vouch for him as well. There are several people in the Buick community that know him from The Nats and other events.
Personally I've known about the ordeal since it happened and I immediately thought he needed to go public with it. Clay on the other hand said he would give gbodyparts every chance to make it right without posting this on the forum. As far as I'm concerned he did. This needed to come out. Even if Clay gets nothing (which is all he has) out of it, at least people will know what happened. He's stated from the time he told me about this is all he wanted was his car back. Nothing more. Not trying to gain anything other than getting back what he brought to gbodyparts in the first place.

This happened under gbodyparts' care. The two parties involved agreed on the repair that needed to be done.

I'm no investigator, just looking at this with common sense. Here's my take.

There was a lot of "hot work" needed to make this repair. Cutting, grinding, welding would be considered hot work. Now when doing hot work there's alway a potential for a fire, right? Well low and behold when least expected the interior catches on fire. After a lot of hot work. But mind you, this car has been driven over 700 miles to KY the and even more to NC. But mind you, after being driven that far, without any electrical issues, it catches on fire in the shop minutes after being welded on. Really?? Come on.

Bottom line here is any work being done under a shop's care should be the responsibility of the shop. I don't care if its a law or not, it's about having character and doing the right thing.

If either Shane or Jay has an issue with my stance on this being a moderator, oh well. I had to post my view. Clay is a friend and has never done me wrong and does not deserve this. I'm done posting and I hope the right thing gets done.
I was friends with Clay for more then 10 years before this. He had no oil pressure at BG. I had to tighten down the loose sending wire at BG. Then he had oil pressure again. Well at least the gauge showed what it was reading at least. He blew his tail light fuse all the way from BG to NC. This is the part of the truth left out.
BTW minutes was 40 minutes not 5-10 or even 20.

You did no work on the wiring? What did you install behind the glove box? What type of light was installed under the hood & ty-wrapped from an un fused wired to a Cruise cable? How did flames come out from under the hood if I was welding a roof? Why was the paint on the bottom of the throttle body linkage burnt off & the jackets of the cable burnt off but not melted from flames? Yet the mid to top of the linkage arm the paint was fine? The person who submitted being your lawyer was Leandre Millet. My lawyer still has a copy of the letter.

Correct: I did NO WIRING to my car while at your shop. What was installed behind the glove box you ask... A FAST XFI w/data logging. This was installed in Bowling Green and tuned by Cal Hartline THERE. What type of light was installed under the hood you ask...the same under the hood light that came off of my old hood again in Bowling Green when my NEW HOOD went on IN BOWLING GREEN... KENTUCKY. Nothing was tie-wrapped to an unfused wire to a cruise cable. Here is a picture of under the hood at your shop. The chrome altenator is still shining (although not as brightly as before
IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3572.JPG
), no fire started under that hood. Here are a few pics of the hood top and bottom side. You can clearly see that fire burned its way INTO the engine compartment not out of it. The burned hood and markings on the outside of the hood are far more extensive than the burned hood and markings on the inside. That is because the fire rolled out of the windshield opening onto the hood and started working its way INTO the engine compartment. The Fire Dept got there in time to save the engine.
IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3572.JPG

I'm the one deleting posts. Why? Because everyone has been told the stay out unless you're involved in this thread directly. I would rather delete posts than see members banned since they can't keep their mouths shut!:(

One more time for those that didn't get it the first time! If you're not directly involved in the thread, DO NOT POST!!! This is for the 2 involved to work out and your .02 isn't helping the situation! The only ones that should be posting in this thread are Brian and Clay, or admin and mods!!! Anyone other than that, posts past this are risking you getting banned!!!:mad:

I am at a loss for words right now... I take a day off to go fishing with my mom and my son and come back to being this pile of crap...

IF I was in the business of protecting vendors why would I have even let this thread stay up at all?

Clay sent me a message about it after posting, I replied that I hope they can resolve it. Ask him if he has been treated differently?

Yes Brian and I are friends. I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER deleted a thread to protect him or any other vendor. I can't help what was done 10yrs ago on this board, I wasn't even a member.

Some people just like to bitch to bitch. Why should there 02's be added to this thread that is between 2 people? WTF are people posting, after being PLAINLY asked not to? Do you think saying "Clay is right, or Brian is right" is really going to effect the outcome?

This is not the Yellow Bullet, each board is different. They are extremely successful and have tons and tons of members, I cant' imagine having to mod that board. So please quit comparing us to them and other forums. People get banned over there too, and on every forum I have ever visited if you do the opposite of what you are ASKED to do!

Charlie works his but off on this board, he removed some posts that DIDN'T ADD ONE THING TO THE CONTENT. So what is the big deal? Not one post by Brian or Clay has been touched or anyone else with PERTINENT information! We are simply trying to keep the lines open for Clay and Brian...

SO WHAT IS ALL THE DAMN FUSS ABOUT? Are some mad because they can't read, "Well you should have ins" or "I would have" by 1000 different people?

Personally I think keeping it between the two involved parties helps to resolve the issue further...

Lastly, if you don't like me or the way we run this board I DON'T CARE! I paid for this board, I pay the bills monthly. If it dies because of this thread or any decision I make that is on ME... I don't care what is told or rumored. I don't owe ANYONE here anything. I don't owe favors. I don't own any part of GBP and Brian doesn't own any part of TB.com. The only person I need to help run this board is Jay Carter, we have been partners in this since day one. Same goes for those who don't like him... As long as God keeps me here I will be here!

If there are any other rumors floating around out there you would like to know about please feel free to email me or start a convo on the board...

Thank you Shane and Jay. I did indeed send them a heads up message that I'd posted this and I agreed to post only facts and do no name calling. I have tangible proof of everything I've claimed. I hate that folks are getting themselves banned over this. That was never my intention. I thought I was giving Brian an opportunity to stand up and do what was right in the public eye. The pressure of 'The Public Eye' was a last resort call for me but after the amount of time he has had to make it right without this exposure it was clear that this needed to happen. He had stopped taking my calls and stopped responding to my emails. I'm not mad at those who defend him. I was one of you. I've gone to bat for him based on my experiences with him up to this point. Again, I couldn't have asked for more fair treatment in the way this thread has been handled by Shane, Jay, and the moderators of the board. I didn't go to any other board and post this thread as I had no fear of being treated unfairly here. I also wanted Brian to be able to limit this exposure. Should he decide to replace what he has costed me he will not have to do damage control over the entire WWW. This forum is the only place this story exists. I think that I have done my part in being fair about this. The ball is in his court.

note: If Brian needs me to provide any more pictures, email, or text message communications to refresh his memory of what happened I do have all of the mentioned saved and safely stored.

Thank you Jay and Shane for being proactive in this dilemma. I'll not comment for obvious reasons, other than I completely understand Clay's problem, being on a fixed income myself. I completely understand.

I'm going to start by saying your threats of taking this to the internet & winning were correct. I couldn't believe people would read Flames jumped thru a windshield & jumped 18" away & burned down thru a fiberglass hood. You were right they would. I read this is the truth & nothing but lies so you got me fired up. You were right again on what you would do. I understand that not 1 professional has responded to a single question. I understand they read what they read & believed, well it is the internet.

Now what I said was Clay the fire Marshall stated this. You called him an idiot, I had some control over him etc.. I offered lets call in another group to investigate. You declined & said I will take the car to Louisiana. Well you know after 2 years I honestly thought you would of talked some one into believing your story. Obviously you couldn't. So you did what you claimed you would do.
What I didn't expect was no I didn't wire anything on my car. Clay one thing I do have is a pretty good memory & most that know me know this. So I already know what your doing & I would like to break this down just a little bit to jog your memory of not wiring anything. I know you stated you haven't & your going to stick to that to the end.
But the problem is Clay We both Know.
So I'm confident this will work itself out.
I'm ready so lets proceed.
So when I asked what happened to your oil pressure in BG & I said I tightened up the sending unit nut who wired that?
Then asked about the fuses blowing on your tail lights.

So lets start there.
Please keep in mind I have pictures & e-mails as well. So anything changed I will look up & pick right up on.
It kills me to look at the under hood light in the picture burned off the glass hood with no flames ever around it. I have close up pictures when My employee Ron was running you down to your new puppy. You will stick to your story of you didn't wire anything. So if this just keeps that path I will move forward dealing with a professionals.
Here is where I give you the chance to do the right thing.

Where exactly did the fire marshall say the fire started? Id like to see more detailed pictures under the hood.

Where exactly did the fire marshall say the fire started? Id like to see more detailed pictures under the hood.

Jay, electrical fire. There was no way after even 20 minutes that it would of flamed up is what he stated. He said a hot weld landed it would smolder out or start a fire pretty quickly. I was done for 40 minutes. You know how it is when your done working & it is late you take a while to clean up. I had welded on that car for 3 days straight before this. It took about 40 minutes to clean everything up back there & shut down.

Even with the detailed pics I have like the Throttle body arm being burned from the center down but not above it it wouldn't matter. The cables were so hot it melted the jacket off not burning the jacket to the steel. This means the steel was conducting electricity. The steel was so hot the jacket melted off. If flames had melted the plastic it would of been stuck to the cables. Clay states he did no wiring. I hooked the battery up to move the car bay to bay even though it was in the welding area until after the fire. Why would I move it?

I don't think I'm going to reach any one here except those that read into it. He is getting a new car & that is what he wanted to begin with.

I'm going to start by saying your threats of taking this to the internet & winning were correct. I couldn't believe people would read Flames jumped thru a windshield & jumped 18" away & burned down thru a fiberglass hood. You were right they would. I read this is the truth & nothing but lies so you got me fired up. You were right again on what you would do. I understand that not 1 professional has responded to a single question. I understand they read what they read & believed, well it is the internet.

Now what I said was Clay the fire Marshall stated this. You called him an idiot, I had some control over him etc.. I offered lets call in another group to investigate. You declined & said I will take the car to Louisiana. Well you know after 2 years I honestly thought you would of talked some one into believing your story. Obviously you couldn't. So you did what you claimed you would do.
What I didn't expect was no I didn't wire anything on my car. Clay one thing I do have is a pretty good memory & most that know me know this. So I already know what your doing & I would like to break this down just a little bit to jog your memory of not wiring anything. I know you stated you haven't & your going to stick to that to the end.
But the problem is Clay We both Know.
So I'm confident this will work itself out.
I'm ready so lets proceed.
So when I asked what happened to your oil pressure in BG & I said I tightened up the sending unit nut who wired that?
Then asked about the fuses blowing on your tail lights.

So lets start there.
Please keep in mind I have pictures & e-mails as well. So anything changed I will look up & pick right up on.
It kills me to look at the under hood light in the picture burned off the glass hood with no flames ever around it. I have close up pictures when My employee Ron was running you down to your new puppy. You will stick to your story of you didn't wire anything. So if this just keeps that path I will move forward dealing with a professionals.
Here is where I give you the chance to do the right thing.

I'll respond in the order of your points.

Threats: First, it was never a 'threat' of taking this to the internet. It was me making you aware that it was going to happen. It is far to common for threats to be empty, I wanted you to know that this was definitely going to happen. It also wasn't a threat but rather me making you aware because I told you that you had the chance to come out of this with a huge boost to your image and reputation. I told you that the story is going to be told and how it reflects on you will be your own doing. Has anyone ever 'threaten' to make you look like the good guy before? I told you if you simply replace what you costed me the story would read "Tragedy strikes at GBodyParts but Brian saves the day". I was willing to work this in your favor.

The Fire Marshall: I did not agree with the Fire Marshall's determination of the source of the fire. When I got home I went to my local fire dept and asked them about having the State FireMarshall look at it and they told me that there would either have to be a claim involved where the paying insurance company ordered an investigation or a crime of Arson suspected to warrant their involvement AND it would have had to happen in the State of Louisiana. I couldn't file a claim without your insurance information which you've refused to provide. My other option was to hire a private company to do the investigation. I saw no point in that because all it would accomplish is a he said/she said argument where my support was PAID FOR by me. I was also advised by my local fire dept that the fact that this happened in North Carolina would dictate the use of the NC report in any investigation or court. One of my go to tools in life is 'The Serenity Prayer' (God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference). I had to accept the report. To say that the fire started in the engine compartment and netted the damage that it did would be like saying a house fire was started by a book of matches but the book of matches survived the burn. I didn't say that you had any 'control' over the Fire Marshall. What I said was that the Fireman or Marshall who determined the cause was a customer of yours that had at least two cars in your shop that he either owed you money for were waiting on you to work on them. This information came from you. My point is that this guy was not a disinterested party. My objection to what the report said was not because it cleared you but because I thought it not to be true. Truth is you would have to have me convicted of arson in order to be cleared of responsibility.

Oil Pressure in Bowling Green: If you missed it I've already thanked you once in this thread for noticing the sending unit wire off of sending unit. Are you saying that the oil pressure sending unit wire is now the cause of the fire??? That wire was put back on the sending unit in Bowling Green and didn't move since. Its still in place if you'd like me to go take a recent picture of it for you. It was never a problem with the wire, the little nut that's encased in plastic backed off causing the gauge to lose feed.

Blown Fuse : As I've stated already in this thread, there was no blown fuse. You claimed and I quote "He blew his tail light fuse all the way from BG to NC". We left Bowling Green Sunday Morning and I was following you. How in the heck could have seen that my tail light fuse was blown by me following you in the daytime? As I've stated already in this thread, I did have to seat the tail light fuse after I noticed it wasn't pushed all the way in from being accidentally pulled while in Bowling Green but my tail lights weren't turned on until we were well into NC and the fuse was reseated when we stopped at the fuel station. Besides wouldn't it mean that my wiring was working as it should if there had been a problem and a fuse blew?

Puppy: Dee brought his puppies to your shop for me to see and purchase. Ron did not run me down to my new puppy. While this is not a pertinent fact by any stretch of the imagination it does show that your memory may not be as good as you think it is.

Pictures and Emails: Please, post them as you see fit.

Under hood light: I quote "It kills me to look at the under hood light in the picture burned off the glass hood with no flames ever around it. I have close up pictures when My employee Ron was running you down to your new puppy." - So the underhood light burned off the hood with no flames ever around BUT this is where you claim the fire started....no flames ever around it. Reference what I told you about the house fire started by a book of matches. If that is where the fire started it would have consumed all in its path to where it ended.

My chance to do the right thing: I believe that I am doing the right thing. I haven't posted anything that I cannot prove. I haven't put this anywhere but here. I am willing to drop it completely once you've replaced what you've costed me. And that's just the 'right thing' for the last few days. What about those nearly two years of doing the right thing of allowing you to resolve this without any negative exposure?

Everyone who feels the need to chime in on this thread with who is to blame will be getting a month vacation.

With the direction this has taken I am closing this thread UNTIL, CLAY OR BRIAN ASKS FOR IT TO BE REPONED! Again, will be more than happy to reopen for either one!

Status
Not open for further replies.