I have a story you will never believe

He just dosen't answer the door.... His sister tried for months to get him to come see his mom 3 blocks away when she was dying. He wouldn't. Went there once just after he got home and he wouldn't come to the door. Also as you may have read here he didn't open his mail for more than 3 years. But I will try one more time in the next few days....

I do really appreciate all of the input from you guys. It's nice to be able to tell someone other than my wife how I am feeling about all of this. She has got to be tired of all my crap by now.. hehehe No not really she loves me and is a great sounding board also.. :)

Wow. That is an amazing story! I hope he realizes that you would still support him even if he has reverted back to his old ways and at least starts talking with you again.

I feel for you right now brother. You tried so hard helping this guy and you are an angel for it. It's such a hard place to be trying to help someone who no longer wants to be helped. I wish I had some helpful advice, but I got nothing right now. All I can say is god bless people like you in the world. People like you are the ones who make me push on for another day.

I think I might try a couple smokin, squealin' launches in front of his house to see if it woke him up... maybe he'll come out and give you the thumbs up... or the finger, until he saw who's doing it???

Now there is an Idea, hahahahaha I might have to try that. Might make some new friends in the senior mobile home park... :)

Thanks you guy's. But I am still trying and I think I am breaking thru. Talked to his sister the other day and she says he asks about me but he just doesn't know how to reach out. So Im gonna go see him when I have a chance...

So I talked to Mr. S the other day... Needs a hip replaced and is in total misery.. Can't move around much at all. Told him about the car show today and he told me to have a great time and think about him. I have to say I wished so much he was with us today. He would have been so proud with all of the people who really loved his car. Best of all it won the Award - Evergreen Speedway Favorite Cruiser. What an Honor with over 700 cars in attendance today...... What a day. And In our home town..
03.jpg

2011colbywinner.jpg

2011colbytrophy.jpg

winnerbart2011.jpg

Thank you sir.... Just doing the right thing. Trying to do my Mom and Dad proud....

So my wife and I were on our 11th anniv trip to the Coast last weekend and my phone rang Saturday morning when we were headed for La Push on the most northern coast of Washington State.. HOLY CRAP it's Simmerz... I have not talked to him for a month or so.

We had a nice chat and I told him I had something for him my wife had made.. He said when you get back give me a ring and you can come over.. He said he misses me.. Wahooooooo....

He is getting his health in order. Going to the dentist today to get his teeth worked on and has appointments with the doctors on friday getting things all set for his hip replacement on the 2nd of August.

I called him yesterday and went over to see him. He looks great and has not had a drink or smoke for almost a year.... YES.... We sat and chatted for more than 2hrs and I gave him the presentation my wife made for him.. It has a few pictures of the car and the award it won at our big car show here in Everett...
simmerzaward.jpg

He cried when he saw it. He said he was so proud of what we had done with the car and thankful for us bringing it back to life... I told him it was our pleasure to be the caretakers of his car. And if ever he wanted it back I would drive it up there and hand over the keys.

He laughed and said it's not my car anymore. I told him it was and the name on the license plate proved it. And I would return his pride and joy to him if he wanted me to. I would feel so fortunate to just have been a part in this story. He said he is happy just being toted around in the passengers seat... He can't get a ticket that way.. hehehehehe

Good visit and looks like we may be back on track with our friendship.. I am so glad I didn't give up.....

Wow that is awesome! I am glad to hear that he has made a turn around in the right direction. It sure was not sounding good last time I checked up on this thread.

Yeah I was so close to just forgetting about it and moving on. I just felt like he didn't care so why should I?. But that's just not me. I would just wait a month or so and try to call. Usually no reply...

But this time he actually called me.. I am so happy.. :)

Ummm......I am without words. You do realize, that black car is only a minor player in this saga. Somebody, somewhere is praying for that old guy and God used that car to put you into his life because you are just what he needed.

I have no words with which to commend you for your part in this story, my vocabulary doesn't reach that high, but God will surely bless you for what you are doing for him.

Ummm......I am without words. You do realize, that black car is only a minor player in this saga. Somebody, somewhere is praying for that old guy and God used that car to put you into his life because you are just what he needed.

I have no words with which to commend you for your part in this story, my vocabulary doesn't reach that high, but God will surely bless you for what you are doing for him.

Thank You.... God has already blessed me in so many ways. I guess I am returning his favor.. :)

I think you have acurately worded what many of us were thinking silently. :cool::cool::cool: