I guess I'm 'Old School'

I never could get into Alpine. They remined me of Jensens with those green lights..

I always ran a Sony head. Remember the 1/2 din with the cass that popped out?

I always wanted a chrome punch 1000hd

Yeah, Hifonics was the shiz back in the Zed Audio days. I remember the XE700 well. Kenwood had something similar if I remember correctly. I used to run an Alesis MEQ-230 studio EQ in my CRX after being inspired by reading an article about an install done in Scott Ian's Nissan Pathfinder. Damn, I miss the old Car Audio mags. Those were the days of innovation and creativity for car audio.

Talking about old Orion amps, I has an ols 2150 and a Harmon/Cardon CA260 in my F-150 with 2 JL 12" and some Polk Audio door speakers. My hearing still isn't the same !!! I've still got the CA260 in my limited !!!
Google Images

I never could get into Alpine. They remined me of Jensens with those green lights..

I always ran a Sony head. Remember the 1/2 din with the cass that popped out?

I always wanted a chrome punch 1000hd

Remember the XK8D?!!! I had one mounted right underneath my XE700!!

Talking about old Orion amps, I has an ols 2150 and a Harmon/Cardon CA260 in my F-150 with 2 JL 12" and some Polk Audio door speakers. My hearing still isn't the same !!! I've still got the CA260 in my limited !!!
Google Images

The Orion 2150gx amplifier is one of my all time favorites....of all time!!!!:)

Here's what I have. Critical Mass 10" sub, Critical Mass 6x9's and Critical Mass 5.25 mids and tweets pushed my an Alpine PDX-1000.1 and and Alpine PDX-4.100. It does not boom, but has it has great sound quality. 4 FEB 2011 007.jpg4 FEB 2011 006.jpg6 feb 2011 034.jpg

Here's my 1978 Zapco Amp. still working fine after all these years.

Well 33 of them to be exact. :cool:

DSC01975-1.jpg

And some free air JBL's and I agree the first GTI's were the "good ones". :)

DSC01971.jpg

Nice! I love those JBL's. My 10" has a generic dust cap on it now because the original got smooshed when I had it stored.

I remember the JBL subs in the 80's that had a grey look to them. I can't remember the model but either the cone or surround was greyish. The ones that stuck in my mind were the 18"ers. They moved much air.