I found my GN.

Taylor04

Picked her up last week in Riverside. 1986 w/ 82,000 miles. Car is clean!!!!....I love it!

After a wash at its new home!
IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

More pics here:86' Buick GN

Some of the mods: AR-60 (I think it says M24) Turbo, Intake, KB Boost-a-Pump, 3.73's, KB exhaust manifolds, and some replacement trans. I was looking at it the other day and it says TurboHydraMatic on the side of the case, is this the 200R4? This car needs brakes and guages bad! When I picked it up it was around 25psi, I adjusted the wastegate rod and got it dialed in at 15psi. 15 isn't too much for the motor right? Its got some miles on it but how long do these motors usually go? I've got some videos of the car/guages hitting 20+psi....I'll get them up soon, it sounds wicked. Can't wait for the next track day. Much more footage/pics to come!

-Andrew

Sweeeeeeet!

who'd you get it from in riverside?
I'm in san berdo.
that is a very clean GN,
good score!
now get your butt out to some of the buick events!!!!! LOL

Hope the guy wasnt running it with the boost that high....regardless, great find, its a nice car.

Picked her up last week in Riverside. 1986 w/ 82,000 miles. Car is clean!!!!....I love it!

Some of the mods: AR-60 (I think it says M24) Turbo, Intake, KB Boost-a-Pump, 3.73's, KB exhaust manifolds, and some replacement trans. I was looking at it the other day and it says TurboHydraMatic on the side of the case, is this the 200R4? This car needs brakes and guages bad! When I picked it up it was around 25psi, I adjusted the wastegate rod and got it dialed in at 15psi. 15 isn't too much for the motor right? Its got some miles on it but how long do these motors usually go? I've got some videos of the car/guages hitting 20+psi....I'll get them up soon, it sounds wicked. Can't wait for the next track day. Much more footage/pics to come!

-Andrew

Big neck intercooler, larger turbo, aftermarket plenum, red stripe injectors, upgraded fuel pump...

I think 25psi was the correct setting. You need to tell us what chip is in it. If the chip is programmed for 25psi, backing it off to 15 is going to result in a really, really rich condition at WOT. If you want to back the boost down, you'll want a chip set up for it.

This thing should be a handful. Excellent Find! Enjoy it!

I just now noticed concert sound, manual windows, no power door locks, and no power seats. A great race car. ;)

I found the car on auto-trader, was listed for more than I wanted to pay but I checked it out anyways because it was close. Ended up paying $13,750; once I drove it I was hooked.

It has some worn out 235/60/15 BFG Drags on it now, the new 275/60/15's BFG Drags came in yesterday. I'm going to try and get some more pics/vids of the new tires tomorrow. A few more goodies are on the way....

-Andrew

I found the car on auto-trader, was listed for more than I wanted to pay but I checked it out anyways because it was close. Ended up paying $13,750; once I drove it I was hooked.

It has some worn out 235/60/15 BFG Drags on it now, the new 275/60/15's BFG Drags came in yesterday. I'm going to try and get some more pics/vids of the new tires tomorrow. A few more goodies are on the way....

-Andrew

Nice Andrew!

Just keep your eye on it at all times. These cars left unattended usually end up stolen. :frown: Get some good insurance and also get it appraised. ;) I'm on my second.

I just now noticed concert sound, manual windows, no power door locks, and no power seats. A great race car. ;)

Audio is a must, but will have to wait. I found some old wiring in the trunk from an amp...

I digg the crank windows and no power locks/seats....it's OG:cool:

Carfax says its a so cal car from 1st owner. I found some old Pomona Dragstrip flyers (from 98) and stuff in the trunk. I'm the 4th owner, the previous owner told me the car was sold new in 86, impounded by the police because the original owner was busted for drugs/dealing. Then the police used it as a squad/undercover car...if you notice the speaker/radio/phone thing inside on the driverside carpet. There is also a mike wired up the A-piller that barely sticks out at the top...still investigating all the wiring...

Eventually the police blew up the stock turbo and it went to auction, where the 3rd owner in riverside bought it. He apparently bought a bunch of goodies and kept it nice. I still have to go back and pick up some of the oem parts he has. :D

-Andrew

PS - Whats the first step in getting the car appraised? Does AAA do that?

Audio is a must, but will have to wait. I found some old wiring in the trunk from an amp...

I digg the crank windows and no power locks/seats....it's OG:cool:

Carfax says its a so cal car from 1st owner. I found some old Pomona Dragstrip flyers (from 98) and stuff in the trunk. I'm the 4th owner, the previous owner told me the car was sold new in 86, impounded by the police because the original owner was busted for drugs/dealing. Then the police used it as a squad/undercover car...if you notice the speaker/radio/phone thing inside on the driverside carpet. There is also a mike wired up the A-piller that barely sticks out at the top...still investigating all the wiring...

Eventually the police blew up the stock turbo and it went to auction, where the 3rd owner in riverside bought it. He apparently bought a bunch of goodies and kept it nice. I still have to go back and pick up some of the oem parts he has. :D

-Andrew

PS - Whats the first step in getting the car appraised? Does AAA do that?

Wow! If only that car could talk. :tongue:

I have AAA and they had an appraiser at the time look at it. I didn't no if that was luck or what but after looking over the car and seeing all my receipts we agreed on 30k.

Screamin deal.

Looks nice. Congrats, and welcome to the Dark Side.

Mike Barnard