I found a high impedance 95lb. & 120lb. injector

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey everyone,
With the prompting of Chuck Leeper, I went on a search binge looking for an injector that wouldn't require me to mod my ECU, (which apparently is an ordeal to get scheduled and completed) I ended up searching all over LS1Tech, but the biggest thread I could find on there was a guy who had mistaken his 120lb. SmartFire injectors as high impedance, and they turned out to be low resistance. bummer.

In any case, this led me to make some phone calls. First to SmartFire, which had nothing and secondly to Fuel Injector Connection who was able to give me a part number. They are a little pricey at $112 a piece ($672 a set), but consider this...6 low impedance injectors would run about $340 + modding your ECU, which last I checked was about $135, and the shipping to get the ECU out will be about $20 totaling approximately $595, which anyone can see is less expensive, but requires down time and a little leg work on the user's end.

The 95lb. injectors are slightly less expensive at $95 a piece ($580 a set)

I just wanted to pass this info along as I am considering picking up a set of these.

Part# BOSQ150864 <---120lb. ($672 for 6)
Part# 0280158040 <---95lb. ($580 for 6)

Last edited:
Well, yes, you could attempt to create your own tune for them yourself if you have a setup that allows that.

Well, yes, you could attempt to create your own tune for them yourself if you have a setup that allows that.

Long story short, I just couldn't have an off the shelf chip cut for these injectors? I might as well invest in an SD setup. I'll probably benefit more in the long run by doing so.

I've had several sets of "Smartfire" injs on the bench. Most went in the trash can...I call them "Shitfire".
ABSOLUTELY JUNK>>>>(n):vomit:

Ditto. We tried a set of smartfire. Absolutely junk!!! Dont buy them!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I like you guys. The owner is texting me right now trying to persuade me into buying some 96s. I'll pass.