I did a good dead on another forum

larry33kc

image.jpeg
I belong to GlockTalk.com for a hobby and part of my business, As some of you I do Cerakote.

I own LMCoatings. https://www.facebook.com/LM-Coatings-470233369809223/

As a Cerakote applicator I see a lot of people that bash Cerakote and suprisingly you can tell most of them don't know what they are talking about.
I try to stay out of those conversations because nothing good ever comes from them, but every once in a while I have to chime in. This was one of those times.

Here's the link http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/cerokate-job-ruined-my-g43.1614218/

At first glance when I read the post I assumed that the original applicator just applied to much product in the mag well which would cause the issue.
There was something in his post that made me want to reach out to him and offer my services to him.

I PM'd him and explained who I was and that I felt with almost 100% certainty that I could fix his gun and restore his faith in what I felt was a fantastic product and I would do it free of charge.

We PM'd back and forth for a bit because I'm sure he was skeptical and wasn't sure. But as we talked he allowed me my shot at his, as he would put it destroyed Glock. So I sent him my FFL info and address and he sends me his gun.

It didn't take me long to assess that there was way more to it than to much Cerakote. The applicator sprayed a color to look like the Larry Vickers Grey lowers that he sells. Well in the process they wrapped the lower very badly which was the cause of a lot of his issues.

I knew the owner was very nervous about letting me have his gun especially since he live on the east coast and I'm in KCMO. So to make it as painless as possible I sent him a video of every step I made and explained in detail my findings and plans of actions as I went on. Which quickly calmed him and I gained his trust in my work.

It had so many issues it would take to long to type and explain by typing, but long story short after much manipulation I was able to restore his gun back to a fully functioning gun.

I coated the gun in a custom mix color of Tungsten and Graphite Black on the frame and Graphite Black on the slide. I then sent the gun back to him and waited for him to receive it.

My phone was soon ringing when he did get his gun and he was ecstatic with the results in how it looked and function. He offered several times to pay me and I always turned him down. I told him he got a raw deal and I was just doing what was right.

He said he wanted to test it at the range to verify it was 100% which I was confident it would function the way it should because I function test every gun I do.

Well after he took it to the range and it functioned like I knew it would he then posted this on the forum which really touched me. I never expected him to do this but was pleasantly surprised that he did.

http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/a-glock-talk-member-saved-my-g43-and-more.1617476/

It just goes to show that if you do something good it will always come back around to you.

Larry.

Very cool Larry.

You’re a good dude.

Is that the clear coating?

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Cerakote.

As anything else it matters who is doing the work.

D

Awesome thread,your a stand up guy., I really like that custom color mix on the frame. How much would something like that go for?, just the frame. I have a 23 that I got cheap, becuse it was that drab green color, how durable is it? Will it chip easily? I don't carry and probably go to the range maybe 3-4 times a month...thanks Mike

Mike, I get $70 for the frame on Glock 23. Cerakote is the most durable coating on the market and will not chip if applied correctly.
I do have some of testing info on my FB page. If you can't find it let me know and I can text it to you.

Thank you for your interest.

Mike, I get $70 for the frame on Glock 23. Cerakote is the most durable coating on the market and will not chip if applied correctly.
I do have some of testing info on my FB page. If you can't find it let me know and I can text it to you.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your good deed! The world would be well served if others shared the same mentality!!

On a different note, I have an old Belgium made Browning 22LR Challenger Pistol that was ruined in a recent flood we had here in South Louisiana. I'll post a pic here in a second.

Long story short the gun sat in the bottom of a metal gun cabinet in water for about two weeks before we realized that the cabinet had gotten wet. And when I went to pull it out the foam at the bottom of the cabinet came with it. So I sprayed it down with Kroil and when I went to wipe it off all of the bluing came with it. And sadly this gun was as near perfect as they come. Very little use or handling 99%+ easy.

So the little gun is ruined (from a collectors perspective) and I have to accept that. However, I have a strange affinity to this gun as it is one of my favorites. I don't know why as I have a number of guns worth 10-20 times what this gun was worth. However, I have always loved it for some strange reason? No real reason in particular though.

My question to you is, what can you do with this thing? I mean, I guess I could buy a new barrel. However, I'm thinking there is rust on the receiver even. So what would you do with it? And what would it cost me to have you do it?

Thanks,
Phillip!!

Here are a few images. It's just Sickening if u knew what condition this gun was in before!!

96fa415a882b4977041b2c1dd8949140.jpg
50a5e4691904334df88b66a0fa2970f7.jpg
6c9eb9e0963ef0bb3936112e8bb26810.jpg
c255ead3a09541391a24d2282e413421.jpg

image.png
image.png
image.jpeg
Oh wow. That's hard to look at.
As far as what I can do. I can coat it in a color that is supposed to resemble bluing and I will post a pick of it so you can see it. Or just do it in an all together different color. I will send pick a similar gun for comparison.

Oh wow. That's hard to look at.
As far as what I can do. I can coat it in a color that is supposed to resemble bluing and I will post a pick of it so you can see it. Or just do it in an all together different color. I will send pick a similar gun for comparison.

Wow! Those look great! Not sure yet exactly what I want to do with mine? I guess just close to the same color? The weird thing is that it has pitted somewhat in that short little time. So I don't think it could ever be blued again. At least not to where it would look like it did?

I did a real thorough cleaning of all the guns that were in that cabinet. Mostly old shotguns although one Gamba Gardone was in there. But none of the long guns were hurt. So I've been soaking all of the guns that were in the cabinet in Kroil every few days to make sure I've beat back any moisture that may have krept in.

Really sick about this gun, as I just loved this thing. Insurance will pay to replace it so I'm going to fix it (as best as can be). Therefore would it be worth sending to you to have you do the repair in a similar color (unless I get some wild hair)?

Just FYI, I've had a number of buddies tell me to cerakote it. So I had been considering it anyways. Just may have to rethink how I want it to look is all?

Thanks!