I could use your help...

Mike Licht

I was here first
I recently started working with some kids at a local high school auto shop as an volunteer adviser. A gentlemen donated a Cobra coupe kit car that I am helping them build into a land speed car. another project in the shop is a Firebird with a 231 V6 that they are redoing. They wanted to swap in a V8 that is in the shop but I suggested converting it to a Turbo so they could learn something. I have some Manifolds, engine harness and an intercooler from a GN that I am going to give them. I need a complete intake manifold set up, an ECU with a calpak, a stock turbo, some intercooler brackets, a cam sensor, a coil and module and a stock balance. the parts don't need to be perfect just working. They have a 503C so you will get a tax deduction on the donation. This is a chance to help the next generation I hope you wil take a look in your garage and see if you have something to send to help them.
Mike

send them right to me and I will get you a tax letter. I will post pictures of the car and project Thursday. Last week I watched them prime the bare body on a rotisserie in their spray booth these kids can do some nice stuff with some guidance.
Mike

just so you know these kids are the real deal check this out and some of the cars they have built

Mike, thats awesome! Unfortunately I only have HA junk. lol Great way to make a difference, and some great music choices.

Mike I have several ignition modules and coilpack complete units. Problem is one piece or the other is bad on them. I'll have to disassemble them and try to get a working module and coil pack together. How soon do you need this stuff?

Great idea for a project. I may have a few odds and ends. When do you need these parts?

After looking at those pics I don't see what else they can possibly learn. Are all those engines/blowers/cars/tires/etc. donated?

After looking at those pics I don't see what else they can possibly learn. Are all those engines/blowers/cars/tires/etc. donated?

Rick im assuming those are different high school classes, and or different years not all the same group. That video was probably a collage of previous achievements.

Yes I'm sure one class didn't build all those cars. But it looks like it required either a ton of money or donations or both to get them completed.

Well each year is a different class of students, so this years kids haven't gotten the experience of the last. I'm sure it takes a lot to get those projects done, hence why Mike is helping and asking for help.

Last edited:
exactly and many of those cars live in the shop so the kids maintain them and even race them. The Firebird will end up getting sold to fund another car bought by the non profit. But the kids will get the chance to convert an NA car to EFI turbo. Lots of knowledge get shared and passed down. The cobra will stay there for many years and every year the senior class takes it apart and rebuilds it we have three engine combos going together over the next three years. I donated a Holley Dominator EFI system to teach the kids tuning. It will end up with a ford racing block and twin Borg Warner Turbos. to break 200 in the Ohio mile. It is very rewarding to see these kids at work and really learning about the hobby, I hope you will help.

Mike, I looked around the garage and didn't come up with much of anything worth donating. I've been out of the game for a while but I could have sworn I had some stuff lying around. Wife claims no knowledge. Hmmmm....

TTT

Wish I had some of these parts to donate. You should setup a gofundme account if you need more assistance!
As a former Detroiter I can't commend you enough for investing in these kids! I grew up with very little hope but people like you stepped in and believed in me. Keep fighting the good fight man!