Hydroboost???

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    844.4 KB · Views: 182
GN87, had you tried the factory HB system before going this route? If so what where the differences in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went directly from the PM to the Tallon hydroboost system.

Anybody using the Tallon Hydroboost I highly recommend that you make sure you have the brass proportioning valve. The original cast iron valve most likely will not be able to handle the increased line pressure.

That's some set-up! Very nice. Too bad I don't have power steering.

One question though (Slightly off topic). On my manual brake set-up, my rear residual valve is after the proportioning valve. Did I do it wrong?

I wouldn't think so. The residual is there to hold back psi, and should do it on either side of the prop.
Only instructions I have, are to put it as close to the mc as possible.

I wouldn't think so. The residual is there to hold back psi, and should do it on either side of the prop.
Only instructions I have, are to put it as close to the mc as possible.
Thanks. I'm about 6" away or so. That was the first section of strait tubing available. Anyway, I can't see believe a few inches of tubing should make a difference in 10 feet. Either way, I can't/wont change it now. My brake problems from previous threads are finally resolved.

Just wanted to know what you thought.

subscribed....
I am interested as well but I currently have the power master system...my motor went south... and they are pricey when found. so I was looking into the hydroboost conversion. what is the best place to look for the entire kit and details to change it all over? I have searched on here quite a bit but nothing really recent....up to date places with pricing to do the conversion.
any help Is appreciated.

I went with Kirban's kit. My good friend/certified mechanic will be installing it for me and he didn't think it would be an overall difficult job and you keep your brake pedal. Here is the link:

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44185/HYDRATECH+HYDRO+BOOST+CONVERSION+KIT+#7618.html

I know it's pricey as I think when I picked it up last year it was $100.00 cheaper.

I hope to have this installed next month as the car will come out of hibernation from it's winter nap.

subscribed....
I am interested as well but I currently have the power master system...my motor went south... and they are pricey when found. so I was looking into the hydroboost conversion. what is the best place to look for the entire kit and details to change it all over? I have searched on here quite a bit but nothing really recent....up to date places with pricing to do the conversion.
any help Is appreciated.

I went with Kirban's kit. My good friend/certified mechanic will be installing it for me and he didn't think it would be an overall difficult job and you keep your brake pedal. Here is the link:

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44185/HYDRATECH+HYDRO+BOOST+CONVERSION+KIT+#7618.html

I know it's pricey as I think when I picked it up last year it was $100.00 cheaper.

I hope to have this installed next month as the car will come out of hibernation from it's winter nap.
This is the same unit that I ordered from gbodyparts for the same price minus the master cylinder!!! Smdh!!!