Theft deterrent door switch operation

DOUGGN

My driver side door key switch wont disable the alarm. I replaced the switch portion that acts as the lock retainer but still doesn't work. I removed the ring with the wires coming out of it from the lock and I really can't figure out how this thing even works. Can anyone help explain or have a schematic of the door switch operation? My passenger side works fine but I'm afraid to take it apart to compare for fear that I might damage it and not have any way to disable.

Attachments

• 15823904971253653423422765493446.jpg
    15823904971253653423422765493446.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 182
the switch on retainer isnt for arm /disarm ..it there for if some one knocks (or pull) the lock cylinder out it will activate the alarm
the round switch that installs on the lock cylinder is for arm/ disarm and it arms when manually locking or using the power lock switch
check the wires to the cylinder switch at the connector on the door , your wires should have 12v at orange wire (comes from the dig/clk fuse) , when locking the lt blu wire will now have 12v to arm , when unlocking the black wire should have 12v to disarm
if you get the 12v at the lt blu wire and blk wire then you can forget the switch move on to the wiring going through the door and door jamb to the body and then in the kick area running to the relay
schematic is in the service manual /cd rom sec 08-7

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there supposed to be some physical connection in that ring with the wires coming out that interacts with the key lock being turned? The ring slips over the lock but when I turn the lock with the key nothing physically is happening in the ring. Should the ring be insulated from the lock where they mate together? Mine has about half of the ring where bare metal contacts the back of the lock.

looking at that switch it looks like the center is broken , it shouldnt be round inside , it should have the same slot as the end of the lock cylinder

looking at that switch it looks like the center is broken , it shouldnt be round inside , it should have the same slot as the end of the lock cylinder
That's what I was wondering. I didn't see how it physically worked. I was afraid to take the other door apart for fear I may break it too and then I would have no way to disarm the lock. I assume the body shop must have broken the switch when the locks were removed. Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like?

So I took my passenger side apart and determined like pacecarta said that
20200229_102808.jpg
the center of the switch is broken and missing from my driver side. It appears late 80's corvettes have a similar lock operation for their theft deterrent system. I bought a used wire harness from Ebay for $7 and plan to remove the switch end and splice onto my harness. See photo of passenger door switch and what it is supposed to look like. Not sure if there is a direct source for the switch end by itself.