Hydraulic roller lifters with on center block

434nova

Can you run hydraulic lifters with a on center block and production style gn1 heads? If yes what lifters are you guys using?

I see no reason why not.
I used the comp billet 212/218 HR/Comp lifters. Beehives, moly pushrods, T&D roller rockers. Champ alums.

Are the comp lifters the same that you would use in a 109 block or are they offset? Thanks

What heads you are using will dictate whether you need an offset lifer or not. Regular GN1s do not need an offset lifter. GN1Rs can be made to work without an offset lifter, but an offset makes it a lot easier. Honestly, if your build is based on a Stage II block. It is pretty much all custom from there. I have 4 Stage II blocks. I swear that nothing seems to be the same on the 3 that i have messed with! Of coarse, they all have different set ups. They have all had that WTF! moment when I ran into something I wasn't expecting.:rolleyes:

Can you run hydraulic lifters with a on center block and production style gn1 heads? If yes what lifters are you guys using?
If its untouched then you need to drill the front cam journal or go galley to galley in rear of block to psi the driver side lifters. Also will need to drill the proper size hole in each lifter bore to galley

What heads you are using will dictate whether you need an offset lifer or not. Regular GN1s do not need an offset lifter. GN1Rs can be made to work without an offset lifter, but an offset makes it a lot easier. Honestly, if your build is based on a Stage II block. It is pretty much all custom from there. I have 4 Stage II blocks. I swear that nothing seems to be the same on the 3 that i have messed with! Of coarse, they all have different set ups. They have all had that WTF! moment when I ran into something I wasn't expecting.:rolleyes:
Are you willing to sell 2 of the stage 2 blocks

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yes. I use a short travel lifter most often. Has nothing to do with the block though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk