Hydraulic circuit diagram for TR 2004R

joed

Gone through the trans BRF VB with Bruce (WE4) and the rest of assembly with knowledgable support of local friend and Buick specialst, Phil@Master Tech. It's now fresh working, EXCEPT what seems to be the last issue. 2-3 upshift is very late at part throttle, around 3000-3200 rpm (around 1000 rpm or so higher than normal) a real neck snapper. Pressures in line, gov checked and new spring pinned. It began with all shifts late, some incorrectly set up TV/ clutch/ rings/ clearances/ pressure regulator valve etc, backed out Art Carr shift kit and some other stuff but still have part throttle shift issue.
I've been told there is a hydraulic circuit diagram / manual I could review for clues to where to look further.
Thanks in advance for any input.

ill see what I can come up with from the principles of operation manual. Might take a few days as we are working even though there is a pandemic.
That said did you install some type of "shift kit"? Or do you have it all stock? What are you using for a servo? Did you make any VB mods?
If your direct isn't set up pretty tight is can be slipping as it shifts.

Did you remove the Art Carr 2-3 throttle valve spring and install a stock spring? The Art Carr shift kit had a stiffer 2-3 throttle valve spring and what you are experiencing was a common problem with that kit.

ill see what I can come up with from the principles of operation manual. Might take a few days as we are working even though there is a pandemic.
That said did you install some type of "shift kit"? Or do you have it all stock? What are you using for a servo? Did you make any VB mods?
Thanks TexasT.
The trans was given a "basic rebuild" in 06 at Cook's Transmission in KY. He did a standard rebuild for the day, nothing special for a TR trans, except most of the Art Carr kit. The car was not driven more than 200 miles when I got it 2 years ago. Gov spring thrown, shifting very late into all gears. Fixed the spring, made adjustments, then Bruce stepped up and now we're almost there I hope.
I worked extensively with Bruce Toelle removing all the Art Carr parts and replacing with his specific shift kit / parts or stock where necessary. I don't think we changed any servos, I don't see anything about servos on the sheet from Cook's either.

Did you remove the Art Carr 2-3 throttle valve spring and install a stock spring? The Art Carr shift kit had a stiffer 2-3 throttle valve spring and what you are experiencing was a common problem with that kit.
Yes we restored that spring to stock. Removed all the Art Carr stuff swapped out for Bruce's or in this case stock item, redrilled separator plate per Bruce also. Thanks!

Hey TexasT, just wondering if you were ever able to find the manual? I'm still having same trouble, just got back from Salem, WOT 1-2 and 2-3 shifting is too high also, falling on it's face and shifting around 5700 or need to let off as KR is lighting up. stock motor and small turbo, I'd be happier at 4700!
I really feel as if there is a pressure battle going on, need to locate it.
*sig is for a different car*
Thank you

My bad. I'll see if I can remember to get it out tonight and snap some pix.

that would be really appreciated, along with any suggestions you may have...before I start adding weight to the gov.

I think I would start with another governor or two and the springs and heavier weights that might bring. Then you can do some swapping and see where it gets you without modifying the weights. Adding in a spring to the other side or a stiffer spring to the one side that has one and it is reversable if it doesn't work out. Take good notes on what you change and how it affects it. Have a good clean pan so you can reuse the fluid and a drain plug in the pan is super helpful too

I'd call and ask. There was a place in buffalo I got some use stuff from. I'll see if I have their info tonight when I get home. Also eBay sometimes has some used stuff.

I will do better didn't even think about searching last night and working ot today. I'm pretty sure I know where the book is just have to dig it out and snap some pix.