Husek Transmission

Nigel

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Dave built my transmission, his standard build with his 2600-2800 9.5" stall convertor. I am a happy customer. I have to update my signature, but I also picked up a comp 206/206 roller (Dave selected the grind), a set of stock ported heads, Red's XP pump, and Dave had a fresh Bison TE-44 on the shelf. Dave provides great service and advice. I have a 100K shortblock that I re-ringed along with replacing the rod bearings (mains and cam bearings looked great). I still need injectors, my 37s are at low 90s duty cycle, so I'm not going to get a whole lot more out of it this year. I could also use a taller tire. 1st time to the track right into high 11s. Car is very strong on the street also with the combo. The convertor works really well. 2nd run posted for reference.

60ft - 1.685
1/8th 7.46@91.30
1/4 11.80@111.46

22psi, 21/19 for timing, thru mostly stock exhaust (muffler replaced by previous owner).

I had a good experiment going with all mechanical stock stuff, ended up having a head bolt leak(long story), so I took it down to clean and inspect everything. Replacing the cam and turbo seemed wise after running some coolant thru the engine. Anybody with questions or comments happy to answer or gain some more information. I was able to answer many questions for myself just by searching the board, so thanks to all the TB contributors.

Thanks, alot of good info on the board and Dave provided grate service.