HR parts n stuff rear control arm/ sway bar grease question

AdammRyan

87 t top
First off I attempted to find information to no avail. I believe the instructions say to use non synthetic grease.... There are so many different opinions on various forums on suspension grease. So i thought I would come here and ask what is the actual correct grease to use... and if you know.. Why? I've read different bushing material isn't accepting of particular kinds of grease and I want to make sure I do this right. Thanks in advance.

Here’s what I’ve been using & highly recommend to others. It’s also available as a spray in addition to grease

Attachments

• 4E9A9756-C50D-4A26-8B44-816128CA6A9C.jpeg
    4E9A9756-C50D-4A26-8B44-816128CA6A9C.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 81
What is the best lubricant for polyurethane bushings?
While most lubricants will work for your polyurethane bushings the grease that the manufacturers supply is going to last the longest and allow the part to work correctly. If for some reason you don’t have access to the manufacturer grease then a silicone based lubricant with a PTFE additive is going to be the next best thing.

SuperLube Synthetic Grease contains PTFE (More commonly known as Teflon)

Attachments

• 63332772-9221-44DE-A4A0-7EE8600AD066.jpeg
    63332772-9221-44DE-A4A0-7EE8600AD066.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 66
First off I attempted to find information to no avail. I believe the instructions say to use non synthetic grease.... There are so many different opinions on various forums on suspension grease. So i thought I would come here and ask what is the actual correct grease to use... and if you know.. Why? I've read different bushing material isn't accepting of particular kinds of grease and I want to make sure I do this right. Thanks in advance.
Your post is a little old, but I am asking the same question. What grease to use on my rear H&R control arm bushings. I do know for sure that when I bought they guy told me not to use synthetic grease on the control arm bushings. Seems like silicon grease may be the best option.

Good point Chuck. I replaced the rear stock upper and lower control arms, along with the swaybar maybe 10 years ago. Since I am in process of cleaning and I probably should lubricate the bushing for the control arms.