How to right a F/S post!!!!

TireFryer

Now I know how clouds are made...
So
I’ve been in the cars for sale area recently, and everyone seems to either not give enough info, or give some and no pics, or one pic and all the info, or a little info and no pics etc etc. I’ll probably get flack for this but I’m going to try lol. I’ll use my car as an example. I don’t have nearly the amount of pictures I should but I’m not selling it lol.

Hi all. I’m selling my 1986 Buick Regal ttype wh1 designers series. I’m asking (insert your price here, $15,000 for example). The car came from Florida and now resides at my house in Michigan. The odometer shows 66xxx miles but the carfax is not quite reliable and it’s possible that it has rolled over and is at 166xxx miles. Here are some details.

ENGINE
-New stock grind flat tappet cam and lifters
-New fel pro 9441 head gaskets
-Arp head bolts sealed with loctite 567
-Steve V’s automotive blueprinted front cover with HV oil pump.
-Steve V’s cam sensor
-New Siemens Deka 80# flowed injectors
-Champion ported stock intake
-Steve Monroe 62mm TB and matching plenum
-TT 6.1 wideband chip and powerlogger
-PLX wideband
This work was all done by me, winter of 2019. The bottom end looked pretty good and all had the appropriate rod click and I used the feeler gauge to check the clearance. There was a slight ring ridge and minor vertical scoring that I couldn’t feel with my fingertips.
TRANS
-rebuilt by a shop in Florida in the summer of 2012. Was told it had upgraded clutches and a shift kit/servo installed. Dont know much past that.
-Fresh filter and fluid flush winter 2020.

INTERIOR
-7/10
- Seats are great with no rips or stains.
- Previous owner had the power disaster brakes go out and leak all the fluid into the car so the drivers side foot carpet is all stained.
-Seat belts, dash, rear seats, and everything else is perfect working order.
-Concert 2 sound with adjustable eq radio.
-Car wash guy broke the power antenna... so it needs replacing.

PAINT/EXTERIOR
-7/10
-Original paint as far as I can
tell.
-Its cracked in the usual spot under the door handles.
-Slight bubbling on the rear fenders where the tires kick up water and rocks. I'm getting that fixed asap.
-Small soft spot in passenger rear floor pan corner. Also getting that professionally repaired ASAP.
-Underbody has slight surface rust but nothing bad. Car is garage kept and never driven in the salt or the winter.

OPTIONS
-Factory astroroof
-Concert 2 sound with adjustable eq radio
-Power antenna
-Wh1 appearance package
-Power seat
-Power locks/windows
-Cruise control
-Twilight headlights lights
I’ll take a picture of the RPO label

The car also has countless other mods like a te62 turbo, alky kit, various gauges, and all the normal “bulletproofing” mods used to help these cars run right. The car also had the power disaster brakes replaced with vacuum assist and the rear replaced with a LSD unit.

If you have any questions please PM me. If you want specific pictures that I left out, please ask and I’ll get them to you.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot but I’m hoping some will chime in and help out!
7D27A49A-5F48-4A98-A632-E85D4AB5793E.jpeg
D41BB449-D9CC-40E6-BA27-134294C3D930.jpeg
E34A2434-160F-46BB-B196-B9A72331D7C4.jpeg
9A9D45E9-054D-45E2-85F9-376BE7DDBFE3.jpeg
7EF97526-3A5F-444A-B430-3B899B85EEB8.jpeg
F258ACAA-552D-4757-9229-BC7B0BCC3AC8.jpeg
774FA7C5-D3E0-47A4-886D-9319E3FE19B6.jpeg
4243B519-FD7F-412B-8B7A-61758CB41444.jpeg
183F15BC-9220-40C9-B51C-BF1DCC810D11.jpeg
872B6A41-7D34-4451-B720-F270FE48885F.jpeg

TireFryer

I don’t have nearly enough pics. You want front, rear, side, underbody, under hood, interior, all the nooks and crannies. These are just some I had on my phone. Try to show progress if you took pics. Like I showed the bottom end scoring I found, the injectors, turbo, lifters cam head gaskets etc. Try to give people as much info as you possibly can.
085E7B09-2FE5-4E81-A495-35A7C22203D4.jpeg

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
I like the:

"I have a TR for sale. Low miles, located in Pennsylvania. Great shape! I want 36K. I'll get some pics and info up, someday......" type of ads.

Those are the best!

OH, OH! Where do I send the Money Order, please????????

Last edited:

TireFryer

I like the:

"I have a TR for sale. Low miles, located in Pennsylvania. Great shape! I want 36K. I'll get some pics and info up, someday......" type of ads.

Those are the best!

OH, OH! Where do I send the Money Order, please????????
Not pointing any fingers... but people can’t just throw up one pic and ask 35k lol... we need details lol... then they get mad when we ask for more info...

HotAirWH1

I don’t have nearly enough pics. You want front, rear, side, underbody, under hood, interior, all the nooks and crannies. These are just some I had on my phone. Try to show progress if you took pics. Like I showed the bottom end scoring I found, the injectors, turbo, lifters cam head gaskets etc. Try to give people as much info as you possibly can. View attachment 364308
You ever want to fix that carpet & padding I have a new - never installed

ACC (Auto Custom Carpets)

Carpet - PREMIUM Option: Reproduction Molded Carpet w/Jute padding & Sound Deadener PLUS Mass Backing (Rubber backing)

Its the Dove Gray that is correct for our Trim 383 / WH1 cars. I purchased from Highway Stars last year for my WH1. $115 + Shipping
I'm here in Ann Arbor so you could pick it up and save shipping. It came in a big box. Sure would help with your

How to right a F/S post!!!! - Presentation is everything ;)