How to keep mice out of your car!!!

kyle41005

Hey guys i know now that winter is here many of us will have the car in storage. Unfortunately for some of us, efforts will need to be made to keep mice out of the car. Came up with an easy cheap solution that absolutely works! Sure this will help people so im sharing.

Keeping a few feline friends in your garage wouldn't hurt either.....Meow!

I use this and a box of moth balls.

One in the trunk one on the console since the car is rather porous these days. :rolleyes:
20171218_114902.jpg

It works well and lasts 3-4 months in the cold since it uses (2) 9V Alkaline batteries and operates intermittantly so they don't sleep well.... :p

I use this and a box of moth balls.

One in the trunk one on the console since the car is rather porous these days. :rolleyes:View attachment 314008

It works well and lasts 3-4 months in the cold since it uses (2) 9V Alkaline batteries and operates intermittantly so they don't sleep well.... :p
I made the mistake of putting moth balls in my 87T. Spent the next summer trying to get rid of the smell. Will not use moth balls in the car again. This year, only because they were on the shelf, I spread the rest of the box under the car.

kirban 2 cents worth

pretty clever method using simple easy available items. If you have alift in your garage put the car up in the air is another option.
The jackstands in the buckets takes a lot of time.

I am fortunate....I have 5 cats on constant duty patrol that enjoy the warmth of the pole building. Some of you may recall that GNX years ago that I had pictures of that showed what happened when that owner stored his GNX in a building next to several candy vendor trucks....wihtin a few months several hundred candy bars were stashed in every crevice in his low mileage original GNX.

You had to see the photos to believe it. Amazing the damage rodents can do.....

feeding 5 cats is a better alternative...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Post a few, that would be fun to see.:)

I found on my '86 T that the plastic plugs on each side of the trunk well were out.(The holes are about 1-1/2" in diameter). You have to feel down the sides as you can't see them except from under the car. Once I plugged these and put some mint smelling repellent in the trunk, I didn't have anymore problems.
John

kirban 2 cents worth

pretty clever method using simple easy available items. If you have alift in your garage put the car up in the air is another option.
The jackstands in the buckets takes a lot of time.

I am fortunate....I have 5 cats on constant duty patrol that enjoy the warmth of the pole building. Some of you may recall that GNX years ago that I had pictures of that showed what happened when that owner stored his GNX in a building next to several candy vendor trucks....wihtin a few months several hundred candy bars were stashed in every crevice in his low mileage original GNX.

You had to see the photos to believe it. Amazing the damage rodents can do.....

feeding 5 cats is a better alternative...

denniskirban@yahoo.com
They still can get in even with a car on a 4 post lift all the way up , my boss had his car up on a lift over winter and they chewed up the car cover he had in his bed of his elcamino. I still find it hard to believe they can climb a lift.

They still can get in even with a car on a 4 post lift all the way up , my boss had his car up on a lift over winter and they chewed up the car cover he had in his bed of his elcamino. I still find it hard to believe they can climb a lift.
They climb up the cable .