How much transmission fluid???

PaulRV6

Can someone tell me how much fluid goes into the stock 2004R trans? I drained it to replace filter and fluid. Thanks

paul

Get five quarts, refill with 3 then warm up the trans and shift it through the gears and recheck. Top off

You will need to buy 4 for just changing a filter 5-6 for a full removal. Last time I bought 5 just to be sure.

Refill with at least 3 quarts. Start engine, let it idle, and check the transmission fluid level and add fluid to get the level just within the two dimples below the "Add" and "Full" marks (the crosshatched area). Cycle the transmission shift lever the from park to reverse to drive to reverse to park a few times. This will help get the fluid through all circuits. Recheck and add fluid to get it within the two dimples while it is "Cool" (65-85 degrees F). The transmission fluid will expand as it heats up, "Warm" should get the fluid in the lower 1/2 of the area between "Add" & "Full" and Hot (190-200 degrees F) will get it in the upper 1/2 of the area between "Add" & "Full" marks. Test drive and warm the transmission and recheck. Recheck over the next few times you drive