How much heat will the Water/alch remove?

Jon E

If my discharge temps are around 275+ roughly how many degrees would water/alch remove?

Maybe you will find the answer in the thread 'alcohol properties' below. If not try the search feature. It's at the top of the board ICYDK..:)

Im not necessarily trying to run more boost, but run what I will have safer and maybe with more timing.

Im thinking about building a wierd combo with a cent blower feeding a Kenne Bell Autorotor. Unfortunately I dont have an easy way to intercool it, so Im stuck with water/alch and/or propane. So I realistically need to know how much heat (knock really) that I can remove with it.

I think if you ran straight methanol it would depend on placement of nozzle and how much alcohol you could mist in. The alcohol has cooling properties and burns..so it also adds octane. Look at race cars that run alky..the intakes are iced after a pass..they have a hard time building eng temp.

Excatly how much is an impossible question especially based on its a weird combo..can it hurt...no.. will it help..most definetely.

Put a temp sensor and start adding alcohol...you'll find the limit with the rite pump and nozzle setup...then also play with timing..and fueling..run a little less fuel and a little more alky..it consumes time..but the results will speak for themselves.

HTH

Since were on the topic, where should I place the nozzle (or nozzles) at? Should I inject before both blowers and let it ride all the way through? Or would it remove the most heat if injected right after the second blower (the KB)?

On our alcohol dragster, we inject Meth above the blower for cooling (8 jets)and below the blower for fuel/additional cooling (8-16 more jets depending) We use 5 gallons a run :)