How many stage II blocks were produced ?

I did see that the pick up pad was cast into the block just wasn't sure if the passages were drilled. As I understand it on some blocks several passages were left undrilled so that the end user could set the oil system up to their needs.

IIRC with the on center blocks you have to cut the timing cover down because of the way the banks are shifted. In addition to that GM made shims to space out the balancer for accessory alignment. I have a couple of them in the GM bags. I'll get the numbers for you so hopefully you can track a couple down if you need them. if not I remember someone on here saying that there is a transmission shim that fits this application perfectly.

Well it has started. The gents I bought the motor from said that it had a flat tappet cam in it. The cam or lifters did not come with the motor and I am thinking that it had a special cam/nose on the cam because I was mocking it up tonight and it appears to be offset about .100 to .120. I installed a regular roller cam button and it isn't even close. I made a .100 shim/washer and used the .030 in the pack and bingo had about .007 clearance/endplay on the cam. However the cam gear is not centered and the cam sensor will not go in. What sucks is I should have built a TA motor and just moved on. Can't believe I get myself into this Mess. Another thing the front timing cover has not been cut and the front of the block has not been machined for the three bolt retaining plate.
Bob

Well it has started. The gents I bought the motor from said that it had a flat tappet cam in it. The cam or lifters did not come with the motor and I am thinking that it had a special cam/nose on the cam because I was mocking it up tonight and it appears to be offset about .100 to .120. I installed a regular roller cam button and it isn't even close. I made a .100 shim/washer and used the .030 in the pack and bingo had about .007 clearance/endplay on the cam. However the cam gear is not centered and the cam sensor will not go in. What sucks is I should have built a TA motor and just moved on. Can't believe I get myself into this Mess. Another thing the front timing cover has not been cut and the front of the block has not been machined for the three bolt retaining plate.
Bob
I have acouple of those bronze cam retainers with hardware ect. I couldn’t find much info on here about installing them . It looks striat forward but how deep do you go into the block for the hard wear and what happens if you have the clocking off a bit ??

Bob there are several things that are unique to setting up stage stuff so don't get discouraged. Even the pushrod alignment has to be addressed on some combos. I'll give you a call later today.