how many people would buy a 2 1/2 downpipe if made

how much interest is there in an upgraded downpipe in 2 1/2 pipe. this would not replace turbo wastegate like 3 in downpipes. I have a stock down pipe and an atr downpipe to model them after

Pretty old post at this point, but did this ever go anywhere? Not seeing any real downpipe options for hotairs anymore, especially a 2.5" one.

I am about to replace in our 86 the original exhaust system. I am torn between a 2.5 and 3" and have been pricing a number of options. My local guy who is really good says if staying 500 HP or under stick with 2.5. If trying to go much higher, go to 3. He suggests 409 material and can purchase or make about anything and he is reasonable. I have an RJC system on my 87. Like the sound, not sure if it is really 304 or 409. Hope it holds up, paid a pretty penny for it I know that. Anyone have any comments, a unit worth checking out? Thank you.

You may have better luck with this question in the tech forum. This thread is specifically for hotair (84-85) TR owners looking to have downpipes made . . . we don't get the plethora of options that the I/C guys do. :confused:

I am about to replace in our 86 the original exhaust system. I am torn between a 2.5 and 3" and have been pricing a number of options. My local guy who is really good says if staying 500 HP or under stick with 2.5. If trying to go much higher, go to 3. He suggests 409 material and can purchase or make about anything and he is reasonable. I have an RJC system on my 87. Like the sound, not sure if it is really 304 or 409. Hope it holds up, paid a pretty penny for it I know that. Anyone have any comments, a unit worth checking out? Thank you.

You may have better luck with this question in the tech forum. This thread is specifically for hotair (84-85) TR owners looking to have downpipes made . . . we don't get the plethora of options that the I/C guys do. :(