How many active Texas members do we have?

Justins9571

I'm reposting to this, I guess the crash lost the previous one!

Asking/calling on any Waco area guys to help in searching for our family's old '87 GN. It was stolen back in 2003 and recovered in 2007 (shart-eyed police officer ran tags at a traffic stop and it came up as an '84 regal), but the insurance company didn't allow any chance to buy it back or give us any auction/sales information. I'd been Carfax'ing it and nothing came up one it for years, so I assumed it was sold and parted out.

Until... I ran a Carfax a month or two ago, and got a hit that it got an alignment and oil change in Waco back in December 2021 time frame. I called the service station to ask if they could pass my information on to the new owner, that I might speak with them about a buy back, but they weren't allowed to do so. This was a Valvoline on the NW side of Waco.

If anyone one here owns or may know the owner, please put us in touch. This GN wasn't anything special - manual windows, no T-tops, etc - but it was bought by my brother and my mom for our dad on their 25th wedding anniversary in 1997. It still had the plastic on the seats! Our dad filed for divorce the same year and my mom really took to the GN, sort of a reminder of the better times I suppose. We moved to DFW in 2001 and took the car to the AutoRama in Dallas in '03 where it was stolen. Our mom passed away from cancer in 2015, and she always talked about the car - I'd love to have it back in the family. I know it's had a rough life and there's other in better shape, but it's not our GN.

Some quick identifying info (some may have changed): last 4 of VIN: 2283, a bubble in the upholstery above the radio, manual windows, no T-tops, MAP reference rubber hose replaced with compression fitting

So if anyone can help out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Here's the original recovery link:

I'm reposting to this, I guess the crash lost the previous one!

Asking/calling on any Waco area guys to help in searching for our family's old '87 GN. It was stolen back in 2003 and recovered in 2007 (shart-eyed police officer ran tags at a traffic stop and it came up as an '84 regal), but the insurance company didn't allow any chance to buy it back or give us any auction/sales information. I'd been Carfax'ing it and nothing came up one it for years, so I assumed it was sold and parted out.

Until... I ran a Carfax a month or two ago, and got a hit that it got an alignment and oil change in Waco back in December 2021 time frame. I called the service station to ask if they could pass my information on to the new owner, that I might speak with them about a buy back, but they weren't allowed to do so. This was a Valvoline on the NW side of Waco.

If anyone one here owns or may know the owner, please put us in touch. This GN wasn't anything special - manual windows, no T-tops, etc - but it was bought by my brother and my mom for our dad on their 25th wedding anniversary in 1997. It still had the plastic on the seats! Our dad filed for divorce the same year and my mom really took to the GN, sort of a reminder of the better times I suppose. We moved to DFW in 2001 and took the car to the AutoRama in Dallas in '03 where it was stolen. Our mom passed away from cancer in 2015, and she always talked about the car - I'd love to have it back in the family. I know it's had a rough life and there's other in better shape, but it's not our GN.

Some quick identifying info (some may have changed): last 4 of VIN: 2283, a bubble in the upholstery above the radio, manual windows, no T-tops, MAP reference rubber hose replaced with compression fitting

So if anyone can help out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Here's the original recovery link:
Post this up in Texas Buicks on Facebook as well, there are a few Waco area members on there. Good luck

High school kids work in those shops. Go in there with a $100 bill and they'll tell you whatever you want to know, lol. They don't care. If they say no come back another day and try another employee. You have nothing to lose.

I tracked down my fathers GN 7 years after he sold it and bought it back

Last edited:
High school kids work in those shops. Go in there with a $100 bill and they'll tell you whatever you want to know, lol. They don't care. If they say no come back another day and try another employee. You have nothing to lose.

I tracked down my fathers GN 7 years after he sold it and bought it back
That just breeds dishonesty and just leads to trouble.

I'm worried about Jerryl since he moved to Ohio. Hope he hasn't froze or slipped on some ice.
I'm praying we didn't lose him to a bowl of that famous Cincinnati Chili! :eek:

Just moved from Florida to northwest Houston/Hockley. Been to a few car shows/meets and haven't seen another TR yet. Where's everybody hiding?

On jackstands
That's fair. I'm not far behind. Have to fix the transmission in the truck, but then the engine and everything is being pulled from the Buick for some much needed upkeep. Bought the car last year, got it running, and have been driving it, but it needs a lot. Leaks oil out of everywhere, driver exhaust manifold has a massive crack in it, etc. Going to reseal it, timing set, valve springs, fuel system, exhaust, etc. Who knows how deep i'll end up.

Dont know that there is much of a Houston Buick left but there are a few on FB Texas Buick page.
Just moved from Florida to northwest Houston/Hockley. Been to a few car shows/meets and haven't seen another TR yet. Where's everybody hiding?

Dont know that there is much of a Houston Buick left but there are a few on FB Texas Buick page.
I had a good sized car show last year here in Houston and work on a bunch of turbo cars here. The community is ok, still people out there.