How many 84gn's are left?

I've gotta 84GN, w/ the 86-87 engine + transmission + updated GN interior...

Replaced everything, floors, doors, decklid, weatherstripping, etc... :D I'm happy with it nonetheless

What about the lear seats? did you change those out too? Those seats are way better than the 85-87's i think. they're alot more of a sports car seat.

How bout T-Types I got lear seats too. Cars just not black. think theres 500 of those left ???

84GNGary said:
I can really care less about how fast the car is compared to 86/87. By far the 84's were the best looking. It may take me a couple seconds longer to get there, but I look dam good in the process.

Thats one of the reasons why I like my 86 GN. It looks like a hot air car. All I need to do is remove the intercooled emblems and I wouldn't get a second look at the club get togethers. And sometimes I find myself doing the old double standard when it comes to the 87's. Something about that all black grille just flicks the switch off in my brain.As far as my hot air Rivs go part of the appeal of a hot air is that they respond to the same tweaks. Sure they aint going to do 11 second quarters but mine can beat at least 95% of the cars out on the streets anyway. Do you really need 500HP to enjoy your car? I cant recall anybody ever saying to me, your car looks really fast. The comments are always on how good it looks.

turbofish38 said:
I always convert everything over to percentages.

Speaking of percentages, I'm into the hot air Rivs. They built almost 2200 of them in 84 and 85. I've owned,sold or parted out 10 of them so far. Another dozen cars or so and I can say I've owned 1% of all of the hot air Rivs made. One half of one percent just doesn't sound right. I want to be a one percenter!

i like my 84 grill way better than the 87's also. and I still have my original wheels, which closely resemble the general lee's wheels. as a kid i loved the show and always thought the wheels where the coolest thing on that charger

i will see if i can find the web address when i get home.to a GN/t-type registry. i havent been there in so long i may not have anymore but i will look.
but they have a whole lot of research on the numbers of every year gn/t-type/gnx built and how many are left.

I got one with T-tops according to GNttype.org only 500 had t-tops
so i got a rare one i guess and I bought it from the orginal owner who
got in 1984 still had the dealer paper work in the glovebox along with the cassette manual he had put centerline champ 500 wheels on it when was new so when i got it he gave me the orginal rims and tires the rims look brand new and the tire may have 10000 miles on therm

I have one with the lier seigler interior- i ve heard there were only about 215 of them.

49-blues said:
I have one with the lier seigler interior- i ve heard there were only about 215 of them.
never seen an 84 gn without lear siegler interior ;)

I got one too! New paint on it in 2004, 56000 rounds, pretty much stock and I'm just enjoying it. The thing I like the best about my car is how everyone who comes up to it says they like my "custom" interior when they see my leir seats. Then seeing the look on their faces when i tell them its the stock interior is priceless.

From what I've read and what I've been told.... all Gn's and T-types in 84 had the lier seigler seats. Mine are needing to be recovered. If anybody knows if there is somebody who carrys OEM covers for them, Please let me know. I've got a feeling this is going to be a very very expensive job.

I've had my '84 GN since 1988 and is finally getting some miles after sitting since '95. I'm the second owner and still have the original owners manual and the window sticker. I think my dad bought his '84 sometime around 1990 and until his car I had never seen another 84. Mine is mostly stock now and a little rough around the edges, but it survived my high school years fairly well off. The interior is still very good with the exception of the carpet and headliner. It has a horrible paint job and no bumper fillers. My least favorite thing about the 84's are the light colored interior parts which seem to discolor and dirty much worse than the later GN's. I love the 84's, but in my opinion you just can't compare the hot air cars with the performance of an intercooled ones.

Turbobuick2 said:
From what I've read and what I've been told.... all Gn's and T-types in 84 had the lier seigler seats. Mine are needing to be recovered. If anybody knows if there is somebody who carrys OEM covers for them, Please let me know. I've got a feeling this is going to be a very very expensive job.

In 1984 all GN's and some T Types had the Lier seats. I believe the Lier seats were optional in the T's through '85 and possibly '86. Only leather was available in '84 and the T's didn't have the colored turbo 6 logo like the GN, only an outline of the 6. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

49-blues said:

As mentioned by TType84, they were standard on all the 84 GN's.
Ditto to the great things all of you are saying about the 84's, that is why I kept mine all these years.

I had an 84 with the astro roof in it and some other options. Loved the car but it idnt love me. I got in a tight spot and had to sell her. I still see it driving around every now and then. I always wanted to know how many with the astroroof were around.

XRated said:
In 1984 all GN's and some T Types had the Lier seats.
yes
XRated said:
I believe the Lier seats were optional in the T's through '85 and possibly '86.
no they droped the sandstone after 84'
XRated said:
Only leather was available in '84 and the T's didn't have the colored turbo 6 logo like the GN, only an outline of the 6. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
yes

I didnt paste it said:
Ihave one with the lier seigler interior- i ve heard there were only about 215 of them.
thats the 82 GN it had the lier seats as well

Astro roof - factory "Moonroof"

Only a handful of the cars received this option.

Mine was as loaded as they came for that year... even has the digital dash option.

I had an 84 with the astro roof in it and some other options. Loved the car but it idnt love me. I got in a tight spot and had to sell her. I still see it driving around every now and then. I always wanted to know how many with the astroroof were around.
Not too many... a VERY rare option... because it was a PRICEY option.